Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 02:18 PM

Default Rush Limbaugh Speaks Out Against Port Security Bill

I only caught the last few seconds of it. But he was talking about how all the Congressmen look out for their special interests. Something about how at the last minute Saturday morning a provision was taken out that would prevent felons from working at the ports at the request of the Big Labor Unions. And then he added "but of course they made sure to ban internet gambling."

Did anyone else catch the full tirade?

Maybe its like the odds of hitting runer, runner for a straight flush to beat quads but if we get the people really concerned about port security against the bill and all the people who want to be able to play poker against it as well, we will have Bush veto his 2nd bill ever? Actually its probably the odds of flopping a straight flush.

But I would be curious if anyone caught Limbaugh's full montage. He seemed to not like the backroom dealing that got this bill passed.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Rush Limbaugh Speaks Out Against Port Security Bill

I have a feeling Limbaugh is a 100/200 limit fish and is steamed that he won't be able to win his money back from baronzeus.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually its probably the odds of flopping a five of a kind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-02-2006, 02:26 PM

He did not comment on the bill, but on a bill to require criminal investigations of dock workers not being included in this law.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:33 PM

If Rush didn't comment on the gambling portion of the bill, I would bet that he is against this type of legislation by the Govt. Even if he is a conservative, he definetly is more logical than most. I would definetly want to here Michael Savage talk about this bill though...hes conservative, but I'm sure he would stick it hard to Frist and the other legislators who came up with this stupid law.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually its probably the odds of flopping a five of a kind.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and??? You're forgeting the Joker man. Still possible [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2006, 02:38 PM

Savage's beliefs mesh in a peculiar way. For example, he's very much against mainstream medicine (not a conservative viewpoint), but thinks Howard Stern and most television is disgusting. I have absolutely no idea how he'd feel about online gambling.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if he is a conservative, he definetly is more logical than most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, there's nothing at all illogical about being a conservative. The problem is that Republican =/= conservative, although they claim to be so.

A true conservative (Libertarian) would be against restrictions on internet gambling, because this is not something that the government needs to be doing. Seems logical to me.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even if he is a conservative, he definetly is more logical than most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, there's nothing at all illogical about being a conservative. The problem is that Republican =/= conservative, although they claim to be so.

A true conservative (Libertarian) would be against restrictions on internet gambling, because this is not something that the government needs to be doing. Seems logical to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think being a conservative is being illogical, im actually a conservative. Hes just more logical than people like Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity, who give a bad name to conservatives.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:46 PM

he was talking about the actual defintion of being a "conservative": to conserve the past. The US has few conservatives cause we have little past history; where as europe does. However, In the US we are against govt placing restrictions on private life choices. Therefor a true conserv would be agains this ban. PS154 - ucsb.