Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Sure, why not. 29 70.73%
No chance. Scientologists are loony. 12 29.27%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2006, 09:55 PM

Default Psycho Roommate\'s fate lies in my hands. What\'s my play?

This may get a little long:

So last night I wasn't feeling well and decided to stay in while my roommate went out. Around 12:30am I hear a huge commotion outside my building. I look out the window to see 4 squad cars and about 4police officers trying to shove this kid who is obviously resisting into the car. Come to find out, the aformentioned criminal turned out to be my roommate.
This is the story that I have recieved from the police and my residence hall director. Aparently after he left this party that he was at, my roommate decided to break into some cars. The police saw this and approached him to ask him some questions. As the cops approach, my roommate decides to take off running (He's a track star here on a full ride). The chase goes on for awhile, as my roommate led the cops through about half of the campus. He eventually ran into the dorm building. Our building was immediatly put on lockdown and they tracked him down in the 4th floor bathroom. As the cops enter the bathroom, he takes a swing at once of them. About 4-5 cops tackle him to the ground. Somehow my roommate was bleeding from his mouth, probably from being slammed to the ground, and he procedes to spit blood into the cop's face. All the while he's kicking and screaming and resisting arrest. It literally too 4 police officers to take his arms and ankles and litteraly carry him down 4 flights of stairs all the while he's still kicking and screaming. Once outside the police attempt to put him into the car, but he's having none of that. It took about 5 minutes for the cops to pick him up and throw him into the back of a cruiser. Once inside the cruiser, you figure he'd calm down, but no. He kickes out a rear window of the cop car.
The police take him to the hospital, but the hospital releases him for no other reason than he's causing hell in there and they don't want to deal with it. I get a knock on my door at around 2:30am asking if I want to go pick him up, to which I reply 'hell no' (this was barley 2 hours after, he's obviously not sober by now). So the cops keep him in a holding cell for detox and release him at around 8am. The department of residential life at my school has moved him into a building on the other side of campus. I thought that he would be kicked out of school, or at least suspended for sure, and he still may be. But as of right now, the department of residential life informed me that whether he comes back to this dorm or not basically lays with me. I've been asking the people in my dorm their feeling and they've basically said they'll support my decision either way. But most people voiced that they will feel uncomfortable around him. I'm trying to consider the well being of everyone in the dorm as well as myself. So I ask you OOT, what's my play?
Old 10-01-2006, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Psycho Roommate\'s fate lies in my hands. What\'s my play?

your buddy got drunk and raised hell with cops. wtf? no big deal. throw him a welcome home party.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:58 PM

Sounds like he had too much to drink (or drug) and made a huge bunch of mistakes. He didn't attack anyone in the dorm, and was only violent after an attempt to restrain him.

I'd give him another chance.

edit while you still can

make it more readable plz

If you're friends with him at all this isn't even close.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:03 PM

Would you feel safe living with someone who acted like that? Call me a pussy, but I prob wouldn't.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:04 PM

Not reading, CLIFFNOTES!
Old 10-01-2006, 10:07 PM

You would get a LOT better answers if instead of writing 2 huge paragraphs on the situation and nothing on your relationship, you would describe the situation in 3 sentences and took the rest of the space to say your relationship with him. That is the important thing.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:09 PM

i missed the part where he does something wrong
Old 10-01-2006, 10:09 PM

Get drunk and call him.