Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 01:26 PM

Default 2/5 NL, Harrahs N.O. - flopped nuts, errors???

2/5 NL Harrahs - New Orleans

i'm on my 18 hour at the table, and just over 30 hours awake, so i wasn't exactly thinking things through as well as possible.

Player A - BB, $2200
Player B - UTG, $1300
Player C - UTG+1, $1500
ME - Button, $1800

5 players limp
i call on button with 5c,7s
sb calls
bb raises to 15
Player B&C call, and i call

POT: approx $75

FLOP: 4c 6c 8s

Player A bets out $100
Player B calls $100
Player C calls $100
I (for some reason i still can't figure out) pushed for $1785

Pot now is $2160

Player A thinks forever and folds, 2 BLACK KINGS
Player B takes about 5 minutes and finally calls with 6h 6d
Player C takes another 5 minutes and call with Ac 3c

The turn bring Kd (which would have given player A top set)

The river is the Qc giving player C one of his 7 outs for the win.

Player C was the biggest ATM i've ever seen, this game stayed going through the night and well into the next day solely because of him. he lost about 10k in this 2/5 game.(making $600 calls on river with 44 on a AJ1076 board) so i'm not sure he would have folded the turn if i just called the flop and then player A & B got into it with their set vs sets. but i probably would have given myself a better chance to win the pot.

what's your opinion?
Old 10-01-2006, 01:33 PM

Default Re: 2/5 NL, Harrahs N.O. - flopped nuts, errors???

Results oriented thinking is making you doubt your play....you got 2 people to call off thier stack when you held the nuts. While you weren't actually a favorite to win the hand multiway, you got your money in great. You do NOT want to call the flop and have to deal with a paired board/club on the turn and not knowing where you are.
equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1:41.5282 % 41.31% 00.22% { 7s5c }
Hand 2:35.6589 % 35.44% 00.22% { 6d6h }
Hand 3:22.8128 % 22.59% 00.22% { Ac3c }
Old 10-01-2006, 01:46 PM

True.

i was just thinking i possibly could have made a better play by calling the flop making the pot approx $475, and when the king fell on turn, Player A would most likely bet out $500 or so, then Player B pushing, Player C may then fold with just 1 card to come, but who knows. he was absolutely the worst i've ever seen.

I knew Player A & B had something strong. they kinda know each other and had been staying out of each others way just trying to get in hands with player C.

and looking @ the turn, with the cards out. i could have gotten it in as a 65% favorite. and probably could have gotten away from a club or paired board rather easily 4 ways with these players.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:07 PM

Its funny but I was actually at your table when this hand happened. I was the young kid sitting directly to the left of the terrible drunk guy. You got 2 players to call off their entire stacks, while you had the nuts, so you played it fine. That guy was eventually kicked out after he lost all his money and was asking me and other players to borrow $300 dollars, if that makes you feel any better. -Peace
Old 10-01-2006, 02:22 PM

The problem is, you had no way of knowing that player A was going to turn top set...if he had AA instead, he may have just checked the turn considering the horrible board+multiway pot action. You did fine, and as for checking the flop...once again if a club or 4,6,8 fell(14ish cards, depending on what you put your opponents on), your hand is done with no redraws and if the board pairs, it may cost you a lot to find out someone has a set.
If a 7 or a 5 falls, it's definately killing your action from the set and the overpair.(6 cards)
20/29 cards left in the deck either kill your hand or kill your action.
A raise less than a push (700 ish) followed by a push on the turn would probably be the best line for this hand, but calling the flop is almost the worst thing you could do.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:05 PM

i remember you, you did well from the moron. wish i was in your seat, but nobody was leaving that game. yeah, it was crappy to see him go. i wish his wife would have made it before they made him leave. i couldnt hear him from the my end of table. was he trying to give clay (the older guy on his right) his credit card for collateral on a loan until his wife got there?

did he ever say where he got all those $500 chips from?? seemed like he had an endless supply. i figured he had a good run @ blackjack or something like that.

i sat on that table friday night 4 handed, and he was doing well short handed with his reckless play. kinda went downhill quick once the table filled up. was he from out of town?