Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 11:48 AM

Default Fold AA for 1 SB on flop in a 16 SB pot?

I was getting 16:1 to hit my A and I need 22:1 to call, I folded. Even with implied odds I didn't think I could call

Thoughts?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 10-01-2006, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Fold AA for 1 SB on flop in a 16 SB pot?

don't show the rest of the action.

if he's got a 7, the turn might get capped even if an A comes. if he doesn't have a 7, then you had the best hand.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:38 PM

I dont fold. I'm not sure MPs bet makes that much sense. If he had the 7, would he not let SB bet the turn and raise there (I dont slowplay often, but this seems a good opportunity with SB showing aggression)
Old 10-01-2006, 12:49 PM

Unless SB is SUPER predictable, don't just call his CR, 3bet it. Most players at that level rather predictably wait until the turn to show agression with flopped trips there. Also, you should out the rest of the field by facing them with two cold. It anyone cold calls, you should be cautious the rest of hte hand unless they are ridiculous calling stations, as only the 7 is reasonable to call 2 cold on that flop.

jvs
Old 10-01-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless SB is SUPER predictable, don't just call his CR, 3bet it. Most players at that level rather predictably wait until the turn to show agression with flopped trips there. Also, you should out the rest of the field by facing them with two cold. It anyone cold calls, you should be cautious the rest of hte hand unless they are ridiculous calling stations, as only the 7 is reasonable to call 2 cold on that flop.

jvs

[/ QUOTE ]

our hand is very hard to pass if its best. its not worth reopening the betting for SB to drive a longshot out from MP (at best he has a 2 + bd flush for 3.5 outs.. more likely he has 2 outs or less).

we also have position on SB, so we won't be giving up any free cards by playing cautiously.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:14 PM

I have no reads on any of these players

[ QUOTE ]
Unless SB is SUPER predictable, don't just call his CR, 3bet it. Most players at that level rather predictably wait until the turn to show agression with flopped trips there. Also, you should out the rest of the field by facing them with two cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 betting serves no purposes here. I don't want to get rid of the field by 3 betting it here. There are no draws and I want overcards and Pocket Pairs to call down not fold.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure MPs bet makes that much sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me this represents a very strong move. He may be afraid that the turn will get checked thru so he is getting some value out of his hand now.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:18 PM

I would probably 3-bet the sb's raise. He's got some retardo hand like K2 a lot more often than a 7. And MP's play is so donkarrific that I wouldn't let him get away with this crap. I certainly am not folding this hand LOL. I think you may be giving too much credit to your opponents, which I know I'm guilty of myself a bit too often.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably 3-bet the sb's raise. He's got some retardo hand like K2 a lot more often than a 7. And MP's play is so donkarrific that I wouldn't let him get away with this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now I'm not worried about the SB, his checkraise could mean many things. It's MP raise that worried me and folded me out of the hand.

To me this raise could only be a value raise.

Mp has the opportunity to call and close the action but instead he 3-bets.

What does he 3-bet here after it was check raised on the flop?

My plan was to call the Small Blinds flop check raise and then raise the turn. MP's raise screwed all that up.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would probably 3-bet the sb's raise. He's got some retardo hand like K2 a lot more often than a 7. And MP's play is so donkarrific that I wouldn't let him get away with this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now I'm not worried about the SB, his checkraise could mean many things. It's MP raise that worried me and folded me out of the hand.

To me this raise could only be a value raise.

Mp has the opportunity to call and close the action but instead he 3-bets.

What does he 3-bet here after it was check raised on the flop?

My plan was to call the Small Blinds flop check raise and then raise the turn. MP's raise screwed all that up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly MP is scarier than the SB, but still I think there is so much retardation at these levels that putting MP squarely on a 7 or 22 is giving too much credit. Who but a bad player call/3bets the flop? He may have some silly hand like QQ/JJ/99/AK, who knows? Don't tell me you haven't seen players make the most ridiculous, retarded plays you never could imagine anyone dreaming up, much less executing. If this was a live game, I might think differently. But here online there are so many demented people (and thank god for this) that I don't allow myself to get played off the best hand very often. I used to do a lot of folding until I realized that these guys are not to be trusted, unless they are to be trusted. I don't trust MP here, even if his line does scream trips/boat. Don't foget you can also spike an ace and take it to the bank.

But so far in my eyes hMP is a donkey and I will gladly pay him off if he has a 7 or 22. This is a big pot here and being wrong is extremely expensive. I'd much rather pay off a better hand than find myself punching the pillow and screaming obscenities in the other room, tilting a bit and then losing more money. To pay 2.5BB's to showdown my aces here is a sweet deal.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:04 PM

Default Results:

MP had 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB had 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]