Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2006, 10:08 AM

Default Why don\'t David and Mason start a PPA?

I was reading through the other Mat/Mason/David thread and frankly disappointed in Mason's responses. I completely understand the inability to support the PPA when it is so coy in its dealings. I wouldn't send money to the PPA despite its asking me for it several times because I couldn't figure out anything it was actually doing for me or my rights as a player.

But the attitude was taken by Mason that he won't take action because he isn't an expert on this and he'll leave that for others who are. Mason/David, if you're reading this, it's disappointing to hear this because of what you've done for the poker community so far...it feels like a let-down.

You've organized a terrific board here with thousands of players who before 2+2 had no connection to each other. This has become a community because of your work. Your actions have done more to unite this community than any others, quite possibly more than all others combined.

What's hard for me to understand is why you don't see this and challenge yourselves to take it to the next level. Poker players are sitting around waiting for some organization around this stuff. We desire representation, we crave our voices to be heard. But to date, no one has stepped up to the plate to adequately deliver.

You two have the ability to do it. You've shown that you know how to grab the players and organize them. It simply makes sense for you to be the ones to start an organization that can actually give the players adequate representation when you have such incredible access to so many key players and such potential for tremendous resources.

I'd ask if you've considered this, and if you chose not to why that is? Change doesn't come without challenges and a lot of work, but you've done both to overcome those challenges before, and change has to start somewhere.

- Chris