Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 08:47 AM

Default Withdraws are legal? Need answer without guessing.

Look I have seen tons of wild guessing and flat out wrong information on here. If you are going to do that then please dont post in this thread.

If only deposits are against the rules I plan on depositing money onto a bunch of different poker sites today. Even making accounts on sites I have not played and depositing. We have no clue what sites are going to ban US action. I am thinking a number of sites will follow the rules (if these are in fact the rules) and not take deposits from amercian player but will let them play with the money they have on the site and do withdrawls. Thus my reasoning for putting money on today.

So please if you have this information 4 sure let me know what is up. Obviously I dont want to make new accounts and deposits unless the rule is clear that deposits will be forbidden once this is signed but withdrawls are not. Thank you.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Withdraws are legal? Need answer without guessing.

How the hell is anyone going to know anything about this for sure? Obviously, if you care about your money online and don't need to make your living playing internet poker, the 100% safe thing to do would be to get it out of there.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How the hell is anyone going to know anything about this for sure? Obviously, if you care about your money online and don't need to make your living playing internet poker, the 100% safe thing to do would be to get it out of there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like telling people not to drive (unless its to work) because you can die in a car accident.

There is absolutely no reason to withdraw your money at this point.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:19 AM

Please no junk in this thread, my question is very clear here. If no one has the answer, or the answer is to be determined in the future that is fine, but dont clutter it up with stuff I am not asking about like pulling all my money off right now please.

I will admit reading that thing gave me a headache, and hoping someone can help me out.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please no junk in this thread, my question is very clear here. If no one has the answer, or the answer is to be determined in the future that is fine, but dont clutter it up with stuff I am not asking about like pulling all my money off right now please.

I will admit reading that thing gave me a headache, and hoping someone can help me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing in the bill that prevents withdrawal, period. The ban is on accepting money for wagers, not paying it out.

Does that mean some aggressive regulations writer wont "interpret" the bill language more restricively? No. The IRS is famous for their equivalent of "legistlation from the bench"...other agencies do the samy I presume.