Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2006, 09:36 AM

Default why is the tradesports contract at 88 and not 100?

there's still a couple grand in bids from 88 to 93. how is this already not a done deal? is there still really a chance this will not pass somehow?

link
Old 09-30-2006, 09:38 AM

Default Re: why is the tradesports contract at 88 and not 100?

Already passed. This was commented on last night. No reason why it's not closed out.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Already passed. This was commented on last night. No reason why it's not closed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

well there's a couple grand that's yours for the taking if you're that confident.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:43 AM

The problem of course is that you have to wonder if it's a trick of some kind.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The contract won't expire until the President signs it.

Just this morning there have been more and more being added in the 88-90 range (someone risking $1500). It is very strange. I wonder what the thinking behind this is? Seems silly huh [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2006, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The contract won't expire until the President signs it.

Just this morning there have been more and more being added in the 88-90 range (someone risking $1500). It is very strange. I wonder what the thinking behind this is? Seems silly huh [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, very strange, b/c my understanding was that it was 100% that the president signs this bill. it's higher now, but there are is still around a grand at 95%.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:10 AM

Maybe some people hedging against miracles.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:38 AM

Here are the "rules" I was talking about:

Dublin, July 14, 2006: New US Law passed and signed by the US President
The contract(s) will be expired at 100 if (including but not limited to):
The 109th US Congress passes a bill and the US President signs a new law that amends the federal criminal code to prohibit persons engaged in the business of betting or wagering from knowingly accepting credit, electronic fund transfers, checks, drafts, or similar instruments, or the proceeds of any other financial transaction in connection with unlawful Internet gambling. The law must be signed on or before 11:59:59pm ET on the date specified in the contract.

The contract(s) will be expired at 0 if (including but not limited to):
There is no such bill passed by Congress or the bill is not signed into law by the US President on/before 11:59:59pm ET on the date specified in the contract.

Due to the nature of this contract please also see Contract Rule 1.9 (Unforeseen Circumstances).
The Exchange reserves the right to invoke Contract Rule 1.8 (Time Protection) if deemed appropriate.
Any changes to the result after the contract has been expired will not be taken into account. Exchange Rule 1.4
You are obligated to contact the exchange by email to help@tradesports.com if you have any questions regarding this contract before you enter an order.

Important:
Please contact the Exchange if you have any query or uncertainty (including how it may be settled) about this Contract, the Rule above or the Contract Rules before you trade.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here are the "rules" I was talking about:

Dublin, July 14, 2006: New US Law passed and signed by the US President
The contract(s) will be expired at 100 if (including but not limited to):
The 109th US Congress passes a bill and the US President signs a new law that amends the federal criminal code to prohibit persons engaged in the business of betting or wagering from knowingly accepting credit, electronic fund transfers, checks, drafts, or similar instruments, or the proceeds of any other financial transaction in connection with unlawful Internet gambling. The law must be signed on or before 11:59:59pm ET on the date specified in the contract.

The contract(s) will be expired at 0 if (including but not limited to):
There is no such bill passed by Congress or the bill is not signed into law by the US President on/before 11:59:59pm ET on the date specified in the contract.

Due to the nature of this contract please also see Contract Rule 1.9 (Unforeseen Circumstances).
The Exchange reserves the right to invoke Contract Rule 1.8 (Time Protection) if deemed appropriate.
Any changes to the result after the contract has been expired will not be taken into account. Exchange Rule 1.4
You are obligated to contact the exchange by email to help@tradesports.com if you have any questions regarding this contract before you enter an order.

Important:
Please contact the Exchange if you have any query or uncertainty (including how it may be settled) about this Contract, the Rule above or the Contract Rules before you trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how the contract would close if Neteller or Party was successfully able to get a TRO after theh President signs it.