Old 09-29-2006, 11:16 PM
scottc25 scottc25 is offline

Location: Playing Razz Somewhere
Default Razz at Absolute Poker

I was playing in a tourney on Absolute the other night saw something interesting. Their bring-in rules are wrong. Theirs goes:

[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

So if there is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and k [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] the k [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] brings in.

I e-mailed their support and this is what I received back:

Dear Mr.C,

Thank you for contacting us.

The reason that the King of Diamonds had to Bring in i that in RAZZ the order of the suits goes the other way around, instead of being Spades (highest), Hearts, Diamonds and Clubs the order is Clubs (highest), Diamonds, Hearts and Spades.

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're here for you!

Sincerely,

Maurice
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"To Continue to be the Best and Most Trusted"
Support@AbsolutePoker.Com

GUARANTEED $100K WEEKLY is here! Join us this Saturday at 16:30 ET! Win your seat in one of our daily FreeRolls, Sit and Go or Multi Table Satellites for as little as $3 or buy in directly for $216!
Old 09-29-2006, 11:24 PM
Beavis68 Beavis68 is offline

Location: AZ
Default Re: Razz at Absolute Poker

who cares
Old 09-29-2006, 11:27 PM
scottc25 scottc25 is offline

Location: Playing Razz Somewhere

[ QUOTE ]
who cares

[/ QUOTE ]

ME!

I know it all evens out in the end but get the rules to the game right if you are gonna spread it.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:44 AM
mscags mscags is offline

Location: Valencia Spain

I'm pretty sure their rules are right because a K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is worse than a K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] therefore K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] should bring it in as standard rules say worst upcard brings it in. This is always the way I've played and the way it is played on stars as well
Old 09-30-2006, 01:37 AM
Andy B Andy B is offline

Location: Blowing 0.0%

On Stars the high card by suit brings it in, which is the proper procedure. I wouldn't refuse to play on a site that got this wrong, but it would concern me. It seems to me that folks who get little things that don't matter wrong are more likely to get something that actually does matter wrong.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:22 AM
scottc25 scottc25 is offline

Location: Playing Razz Somewhere

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure their rules are right because a K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is worse than a K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] therefore K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] should bring it in as standard rules say worst upcard brings it in. This is always the way I've played and the way it is played on stars as well

[/ QUOTE ]

That woukd be correct for stud. For razz it's the opposite. The K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] bring it in on Stars and Full (and the WSOP for that matter).

[ QUOTE ]
On Stars the high card by suit brings it in, which is the proper procedure. I wouldn't refuse to play on a site that got this wrong, but it would concern me. It seems to me that folks who get little things that don't matter wrong are more likely to get something that actually does matter wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to bet the person responding to me in the e-mail has no idea how to play razz.