Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 01:17 PM

Default Go for the money?

I don't know how, and I'm not politcal analyst - but I'm thinking of an episode of the West Wing. Yes I know it's a fictional show but bear with me.

I seem to remember a line that was something to the effect of "There are only two things that drive anything 'on the hill' - money and making the other side look bad" -

That might not be exact - but I know the money part is -- What I'm getting at is that instead of hitting indivdual senators/representatives with emails, phone calls, and letters - they each have campaign donators that contibute large amounts of money to these people to keep them in office.

Maybe we can attack the money with the same vigor? Then the Money people can attack the congressmen and say - hey if you wont our money, back off the internet gambling ban - or what have you.

I'm hoping that someone smarter than me can kind of see what I'm trying to convey here and see if there is any feasiblity to a plan of attack like this.

Sarge the un-articulate[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2006, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Go for the money?

Not likely ... a secondary boycott is harder than a frontal attack ... unless the secondary target is particularly vulnerable.

You seem to advocate going after the secondary party ... the guy with whom you do business, to influence him to influence the primary target ... the Senator or Rep.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Go for the money?

[ QUOTE ]

You seem to advocate going after the secondary party ... the guy with whom you do business, to influence him to influence the primary target ... the Senator or Rep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats kind of the jist - and I have not a clue to know if it would work or not - doesn't sound like it given your take. -- I'm not even sure who if any to attack....

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]