Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 10:03 AM

Default grunch

The raiser on the turn had been a calling station for the most part. Should I have just ditched after his raise on the turn?

Preflop: hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, hero?
Old 09-29-2006, 10:15 AM

Default Re: grunch

You asking us to grunch this? What hands could UTG possibly have here? How many ways can he have them? How many outs do you have against the things that beat you?
Old 09-29-2006, 10:24 AM

I know it was an easy call. This is the first time in my life that I put effort into something and struggled this much. Calculus, economics, computers I get without much effort. Every time I think Im getting a handle on the concepts of poker, I get kicked in the teeth repeatedly and go on tilt. Im really struggling.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:11 PM

call it down and expect to chop, or lose to a flush.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:13 PM

Lose to a flush? With A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the board? O rly?
Old 09-29-2006, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lose to a flush? With A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the board? O rly?

[/ QUOTE ]

with a calling station, we assume, donking and raising the turn, sure why not. with all the information we have on this guy, I've narrowed his range down to K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2006, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know it was an easy call. This is the first time in my life that I put effort into something and struggled this much. Calculus, economics, computers I get without much effort. Every time I think Im getting a handle on the concepts of poker, I get kicked in the teeth repeatedly and go on tilt. Im really struggling.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you have a grasp on the poker concepts. You sound like you need to work on the "concepts" of accepting variance, and tilt control.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:34 PM

To make any kind of useful comment here we should know the limits being played, any read on tight or loose for these players? How many hands played.

A couple of oter things arent clear Did UTG+2 3 bet the flop and you capped? You have him calling himself in the description but I expect thats a typo. Also in your setup you referred to one of them as the turn raiser calling station. Is that UTG+2. Are you concerned about MP2? I would be.

Preflop (as read) seems fine.

Flop seems OK.

Turn is second donk bet from UTG+2 I might have called that and called down from there. Villian is hot for his hand (AA or KK?) and MP2 wont go away (flush? would he play any 2 suited that far?

Over all I think I slow down before you did and should fold if MP2 gets aggressive. But I'm not that smart. I probably call down barring a fourth spade on the river..
Old 09-29-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with a calling station, we assume, donking and raising the turn, sure why not. with all the information we have on this guy, I've narrowed his range down to K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

After a preflop 3bet? That's the only flush hand remotely available. There are as many KK's and AA's out there.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After a preflop 3bet? That's the only flush hand remotely available. There are as many KK's and AA's out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, I was just kidding.