Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 12:02 AM

Default My Videos (25NL)

I don't know if people like my videos, but I've recompressed them (many thanks to CreepingDeath) to a much smaller size. You can find them at following three links, or go to my webpage www.dawhipsaw.com and find them from there.

www.dawhipsaw.com/Video1.avi
www.dawhipsaw.com/Video2.avi
www.dawhipsaw.com/Video3.avi

Enjoy! I might have another up later tonight.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:18 AM

Default Re: My Videos (25NL)

Ack! If I knew that I was being filmed there, I would have tried to play better. I watched your first video a bit before playing there, too. I almost said hi.

One comment about the videos in general, especially the second video, it seems like a lot of the time you're just kind of saying, "Okay, so I have ____, and my position is ____, so I'm going to ____" and then you click the button to do that action. It makes it fairly boring to watch, and sometimes makes it somewhat less obvious why you're making some actions.

Otherwise, the videos are good, I just like to hear more commentary while I'm watching poker videos. I hope to see more done on UB, PP is just too slow to watch.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:37 AM

Hi.

I like your videos and youīre right about Party being slooowww (and boring) compared to UB. The only good thing about Party is the Bubby-list and the option to data mine (donīt know if thatīs possible at UB).
Anyway, I have 2 questions:

1) Any reason why you just bet 3x BB when you are first in?
2) Donīt you use PT and PA HUD?

Keep up the good work

// M
Old 09-29-2006, 09:02 AM

Keep em coming. I play UB same stakes so it's like free notes.

j/k. I appreciate the fact that you take the time to do stuff like this.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1) Any reason why you just bet 3x BB when you are first in?
2) Donīt you use PT and PA HUD?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I bet the pot, which is 3.5x the BB. I think. Did I screw up somewhere and only bet 3x? If so, that was a mistake.
2. Yes, I always track on PT and when I'm not playing for the video, I use GameTime+. I feel like it clutters up the window for the video though. Also I'd like to work on making reads without computer aid.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ack! If I knew that I was being filmed there, I would have tried to play better. I watched your first video a bit before playing there, too. I almost said hi.

One comment about the videos in general, especially the second video, it seems like a lot of the time you're just kind of saying, "Okay, so I have ____, and my position is ____, so I'm going to ____" and then you click the button to do that action. It makes it fairly boring to watch, and sometimes makes it somewhat less obvious why you're making some actions.

Otherwise, the videos are good, I just like to hear more commentary while I'm watching poker videos. I hope to see more done on UB, PP is just too slow to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

The beauty of these videos is that my normal game is UB 25NL or 50NL, so no one really knows when filming is going on.

I need to work on my commentary, but I'm a n00b at the video stuff - what kinds of things would you like to hear?

Edit - and btw I know Video2 was boring, that's why I made Video3.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:58 AM

I watched the first video and it was pretty good.

One hand that struck me was at 8 mins when you had 84s in CO and there was a limper ahead. I don't think it is ever good to raise in there at these levels. It servers absolutely no purpose IMO. Other than that looks good.