Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2006, 10:11 PM

Default 530s: Trips on board, two all-in, I have top pair.

This is a 530 speed. Don't know the better that well. Call or fold here?

PartyPoker Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t (10 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t2000)
UTG+1 (t2000)
MP1 (t2140)
MP2 (t2000)
MP3 (t2000)
CO+1 (t2000)
CO (t1920)
Button (t1980)
SB (t1960)
Hero (t2000)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t80</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, CO+1 calls t80, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t60, Hero calls t40

Flop: (t260) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO+1 checks

Turn: (t260) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)
<font color="red">SB bets t200</font>, Hero calls t200, UTG calls t200, <font color="gray">CO+1 folds</font>

River: (t860) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets t725</font>, SB calls t725, <font color="gray">

Hero???
Old 09-28-2006, 10:15 PM

Default Re: 530s: Trips on board, two all-in, I have top pair.

Fold preflop. Call river. ven though you will probably be chopping. UTG would be leading flop or raising turn with AA or KK. SB is shoving river with quads.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:18 PM

I fold.

SB has to have a Q here, so at the very best you're chopping.

I really doubt utg has AA/KK here so we could elimanite that. QQ seems unlikely since SB should have a Q in his hand and you have a Q in your hand, so there is only 1 case of that. Unless SB has a T and is going for the overcall since he know you have a Q in your hand.

UTG could possibly have AT/KT/QT(being most likely)/JT/T9.

In otherwise, fold. One of them has the ten.

Also, fold preflop, Q2? Trash!

... UTG has to have a T. who else plays quads like this? sb doesnt have quads.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:19 PM

i love people like you who defend your blinds with any2. ty for playing
Old 09-28-2006, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Your opinion is noted. It's totally off topic, but noted. I play a lot more hands for 40 chips than most people here do. It's my style and it serves me OK. I understand most people here would fold pre-flop. That wasn't really what I was asking...
Old 09-28-2006, 10:27 PM

I completely agree that SB doesn't have a 10, and thought so at the time. But I thouht he had to have a Q, and that UTG could have had a 10. If SB folds, it's an easy call for me, but as it played out, I didn't know what to do... Other thoughts?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I completely agree that SB doesn't have a 10, and thought so at the time. But I thouht he had to have a Q, and that UTG could have had a 10. If SB folds, it's an easy call for me, but as it played out, I didn't know what to do... Other thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate losing 725 when I only have 240 out there and I have no clue where my hand is. Plus even if you do win and chop, you'll only gain about 100.

So 725 to win 100. Fold seems easier when you look at it like this.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Your opinion is noted. It's totally off topic, but noted. I play a lot more hands for 40 chips than most people here do. It's my style and it serves me OK. I understand most people here would fold pre-flop. That wasn't really what I was asking...

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you limp with Q2o on the button? That's actually much better than what you did.

It's never off topic when someone posts a hand that they made a glaring mistake in and it gets pointed out. That's how you learn.

The river is close, you aren't gonna learn much by hearing some of us say call river and some say fold. You're gonna learn by listening when we say fold preflop.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:34 PM

I'm not so sure SB has a Q.

Checked through on thre flop. He makes a modest bet on the turn and you guys just call. Then he's just gonna check the river? Scared of a T or thinks you guys will bluff that 5d?

SB could well have any pocket pair under Q.

The hand is played pretty weakly up to the river and now on the river it gets checked through to UTG. UTG could easly have played AK or something this way and think he can put you off any pocket pair under Q. SB can easily think this and call, besides, Zeebo's theorem is in effect for him and he can not fold pocket sixes here.

You have to be right here less than 1 out of 3 times. Call.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you limp with Q2o on the button? That's actually much better than what you did.

It's never off topic when someone posts a hand that they made a glaring mistake in and it gets pointed out. That's how you learn.

The river is close, you aren't gonna learn much by hearing some of us say call river and some say fold. You're gonna learn by listening when we say fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ] I've played a lot of 530s, and I have notes on most players, since it's a pretty small player pool. But in this case the pre-flop raiser and caller were guys I didn't know well, so I decided to pay 40 to take a flop with them, even realizing I was out of position. So you are right that it's a weakness, especially in a vacuum. But I can tell you by my own results that playing a lot of cheap hands from different position in the early rounds has made me more money than it's cost me.