Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2006, 10:08 AM

Default $0.50/$1 | AsQh | floped two pairs - line of play?

Hi all!

Button is TAG 16/13/3.5 770H

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (16.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero ..., MP3 ...

What do you think about this agression of button? What is your line of play in this hand?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:26 AM

Default Re: $0.50/$1 | AsQh | floped two pairs - line of play?

Would he coldcall TT? Apart from that and AQ I don't know what he could have given his line. Would he coldcall KJs?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:31 AM

I would fold river, even tho u may beat button, mp3 has cerintly hit his flush draw or i dunno with what else he would be calling here
Old 09-28-2006, 10:49 AM

Given no reads:
Flop: I like your play

Turn: After being raised on the flop with 4 players on this dangerous board I'm in check/call mode. QQ, TT, KJ, all have you beat and a draw to the flush or str8 will beat you on the river. Had you checked and it came back around to you to call 2 bets on the turn, I think you fold.

So check the turn, if button bets, which he raises here, just call. To call his bet you're getting almost 12:1, 13:1 if mp3 calls. You call here since you're getting huge odds you're about 8:1 to hit your full house.

River: You didn't hit your boat, a flush beats you which I think mp3 has. I put the button on a str8 or a set. I hate calling buttons bet with mp3 still around. I think I edge towards calling here, hoping mp3 wasn't on a flush draw. If you were heads up, this is an easy river call with such a huge pot. OR if the pot was smaller I would have mucked this on the river.

Personally, I have a hard time laying down hands like this in a big pot. If you were heads up I like betting the turn, I don't like it so much against 3 players on this board.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:29 AM

Cap flop...

I can't put him on a big pair here as this was not 3 bet on the flop by anyone. So Im afraid of EXATLY KJ, possibly TT but i don't by it yet.

Reeval. turn based on what villians do. Once i lead the turn and its raised again behind me then i would call down from there.

TWIWP tho i find a fold on the or the river and tag the set accordingly of a smooth caller of big pockets.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:58 AM

I assume that since you didn't include a read for MP3 he didn't figure into the decision or did you both fold? A read here or an indication that you had no read would have been helpful. Anyway:

I think the flop and the turn are actually okay. Button's 3-bet doesn't mean he has a made hand at this point. If all three of the other players call all of his bets he is getting 3:1 odds on a draw so raising and reraising in this situation is profitable if he has more than 7 outs. Therefore with this board you have to bet the turn to avoid giving a free card to three players all of who could be on some kind of a draw with that board. Betting here also gives you an idea if Button is still in love with his hand or not (although with a pot of 12.75BB he still getting the odds to bet a drawing hand with a lot of outs including the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) although the raise here has me thinking TT, KJs, AQ, even ATs (given the number of preflop callers a cold call from the button is feasible, if unlikely) some of which you have beat. I am not expecting to see AA or QQ or any other big hand because of the lack of a preflop reraise from an aggressive player.

In the river situation as it is given I am far more worried about MP3 hitting his flush draw than I am Button for the decision so a read here is very important. With a pot of 17.75BB I am reluctant to get out of this pot, however if MP3 has a check raise set up then a fold is probably in order. In the end (being the fish that I am) I would probably make the (crying) call and hope that MP3 just calls, then fold to Button's 3-bet and probably even to a straight call (although to be honest I would find it hard to fold a single bet with a pot of 21.75BB) because somebody certainly has a flush.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:57 PM

I don't see any way Button has you beat here. With his stats, he's not cold-calling KJ, and he's 3-betting AA,QQ and TT. I cap the flop and call down if he raises the turn. The river sucks, since MP3's line screams flush draw, but I think I have to call one on the river and fold if MP3 raises.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:05 PM

I'm not a good enough player to fold this river for one bet.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:31 PM

your flop and turn play are inconsistent. if you're leading this turn, you should have capped the flop (this is the way i would play it).

i call the river. you don't think this is AK or AT 1/17 times?

if mp3 whips out the c/r, you can probably fold.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:08 AM

Button is a real TAG, so i think TT QQ AA he will 3bet anyway. So I was afraid of KJs wich he could coldcall.
I and MP3 called after his river bet.

MP3 - A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Button - A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]