Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2006, 12:54 AM

Default Dealing With A Crazy Person

I would really like the advice of some intelligent people on this topic. My friend and I often host home-games at our house. Sometimes we offer hors-d'ouvres of various sorts to our friends and acquaintances; other times it is only the most rudimentary snacks. We try to make our guests feel at home, because, in my mind, this is always +EV. Once we hired a male masseuse to give us backrubs, etc., at the table, and everyone enjoyed this. My point is I try to create a relaxing atmostphere, where people don't mind parting with their money. My current problem is this; there is a rather unstable player in the game who frequently shows up. He is quite loud; he comes in wearing a leather jacket, rides a motorcycle, and is very rude to my friends and me. Once I caught him in the bathroom doing cocaine off of my sink. He often insults me and my friends, and says things like, "I will beat the [censored] out of you pansies", things like that, which no one ever took very seriously. And while he made us a bit uncomfortable sometimes, he was a horrible player and just plain stupid and lost a good amount of money over the course of the last few months (probably up to 150 dollars, maybe more).
So, anyway, two nights ago we were having our game, as usual, and me and the maniac (let's call him Larry) are in this huge pot. Unbeknownst to him, of course, I flop the nut straight with 78; it comes up 569, no flush draw possible. There's probably 4 dollars in there from the pre-flop betting, and immediately Larry comes firing at me with a 3 dollar bet. I think for about a minute (trying to look weak) and just call. The turn comes a J, nothing scary there, and Larry again immediately fires 5 dollars into me, oblivious that I am holding the nuts. The J puts a flush draw out there so I decide to take my chances and raise all in. I put 20 dollars out there and Larry calls. I turn over my hand immediately and I might have said something kind of condescending, like, "Ship it" kind of quietly, or something; Larry looks angry as hell. He turns over a set and a blank drops on the river. Now maybe I shouldn't have said something about shipping it, maybe that was negative EV on my part, because I don't want to appear a little cocky at all, but Larry's reaction was completely uncalled-for, in my opinion. He calls me a "f-ing fairy", a "d-bag" and, standing up, he grasps the edges of the 10-seater table that we have, and proceeds to turn the entire table over on top of me. It's not a light table and I'm so surprised at his action that I can't move out of the way and it pins me down against my stomach and wrist in such a way that is quite painful. I end up with severe bruises on my ribs and arm. Needless to say, it also causes a bit of a problem because all of our chips fly off the table and it is a bit confusing afterwards. Anyway, Larry leaves immediately on his motorcycle and we all talk afterwards. My dilemma is this; Should I invite him back? One part of me thinks that he is too much of a disruption for the game and that we shouldn't play with him. But another part of me thinks that he is just too bad a player to part with; I mean, as long as we don't offend him again and he keeps donating money, maybe it's for the best. (I still remember the time I took 30 bucks off of him and all he had was a pair of 2's...LOL) I hate to make -EV decisions, so I'm hoping you guys might help me with this.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Dealing With A Crazy Person

Is this a joke?? Let's see...should I invite a coke head that just flipped a poker table on top of me, is a total douche bag loser so I can subject myself and friends to more of this so that I could possibly win a few bucks??
Old 09-28-2006, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I invite him back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

Maybe invite your sister so he can rape her, too.

Are you simple?
Old 09-28-2006, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Are you simple?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:08 AM

Saying "Ship it" while showing a nut straight with a card to come to a crazy, coked-up, abusive person with a set is a "f-ing fairy d-bag" thing to do and is more negative EL (Expected Life) than negative EV. I look forward to reading about your impending "home invasion" in future news reports.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:52 AM

I hope this is a joke.

If not, what is wrong with you Zelwood?

The idea of keeping someone that is not good for the vibes just because of money is pathetic. And in this case, there is not even money. $30 at most per night from this guy is nothing.

But that is not the point. Even if it were $300/night from this guy. You're going to put up with mental and even physical abuse for money? Are you a prostitute? You will sell your dignity and your peace for money?

Laters Zelwood. Money is not eveything man. There are greater things out there.

Colima420
Old 09-28-2006, 03:14 AM

Sure. I would invite a crazy violent biker guy to my house, and let him throw tables on me for $30. I do it all the time!
Old 09-28-2006, 05:04 AM

No, absoulutely not. There is a story TJ Cloutier wrote in his book Championship pot limit and no limit holdem. He didn't like a player at the game, and wehn a dispute came up, he almost clocked him. The reason he held back was because that guy ran the game, and the game payed TJ's bills for the year, it was one of the highest stakes games in the state.
You're talking about $30 bucks man, come on. That's like a movie night for you and you're girl. Kick his *** out, and if he comes back and won't leave, call the cops. Easy.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Should I invite him back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

Maybe invite your sister so he can rape her, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i mean, this guy can donate you like 30$!!!!!!!!!!
For this kind of money, even if he rapes you when you win a pot from him, it will still be worth it...

Jesus, i hope this is a joke.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:03 AM

Here you go, I got an extra one...