Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2006, 02:45 PM

Default OT: Good NL games in Vegas

Dont know if this is the best spot for this post or not. Im going to Vegas in Nov. Can anyone tell me some good places to play small stakes NL say like 1-2? Any time of day better than any other?
Thx
Old 09-27-2006, 02:49 PM

Default Re: OT: Good NL games in Vegas

I'm going in Nov also.

This is a common topic in the B&M forums on any given day. The common responses are "see allvegaspoker.com" or "any 1/2 NL game is soft"
Old 09-27-2006, 03:16 PM

If you don't care about glamour and want to win, this one is easy - Forget the strip and go north on the 95 (about 11 miles)to Rancho. Get off and find the Fiesta. I can tell you how surprised I was to sit down at the tiny poker room there and all the fish..........I felt like I was actually in the ocean! Lots of local dealers and/or hotel workers seem to love to go there and spend thier $$$ doing what they watch all day. The Santa Fe is right down the street and falls into the same category. Bad players seem to feel safe from the sharks there, so I say....jump in- the water is fine.......
Needless to say, I have family out there and always make it a point to spend at least one night playing all night there and I have yet to walk away from a session without a profit. **NOTE** these are small poker rooms so often times you will have to wait for a 1/2 table to open up or may have to sit for a few and play 2/4 or 1/2 limit while enough players gather, but it's well worth the wait. The limit games are even better. No hold-'em fold-'em. (and I'm NOT a limit player) The longest I've had to wait it out was a little over an hour. Most the time though, there is a seat with your name on it at a live 1/2 table.

I'd say to stay away from the Bellagio. Sure seems like alot of collusion going on there.

Good luck.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:27 PM

Oh yeah....and night time is ALWAYS better. THE LATER THE BETTER. That's when you get the drunk-asses coming over to "try thier luck" at that game they always see on TV. Or better yet, players who think they have skill, but like to get drunk before playing.

Day-time usually has the players at the table who are there to work on thier game and make $$$.

.....Just my experience and I am by no means a pro. I'm just a small limit- semi-successful internet player with family in Vegas.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:44 PM

this is some good info i have never even heard that they had a poker room, but ive passed by the fiesta a few times. definately gonna hit it up now... thanks
Old 09-27-2006, 04:03 PM

I play $1/$2 NL often in Vegas. There are a lot of good places to play, but each game should be evaluated independently. I like the MGM Thursday-Sunday. This is probably the easiest game in town that I've found. Monday-Wednesday it is usually too slow to have a wide selection. When you do have a selection, watch for just a few minutes and you'll see most of the games there are extremely easy. I have been sat at tough ones there too. I quickly get a seat change though if it doesn't improve. Another that I like is at the Venetian. They have the nicest, most player friendly room in my opinion. The 1/2 there is similar to the MGM. Hope this helps.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:00 PM

The toughest 1/2 NL table in Vegas I've ever sat at was at MGM. Not one unraised pot pre-flop. Three or four heavy aggro guys that kept the pressure on always.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:30 PM

So I'll be out there for a week next month.

$1/$2 NL

Fri,Sat,Sun - MGM
Mon,Tue,Wed - Venetian
Thu,Fri - MGM

Sound good?
Old 09-27-2006, 07:23 PM

Try the Excalibur(next to the MGM). 1/3 NL-saw a lot of 6-7 to the flop with no raise. All in all a good game. But I also left a game when I was placed between 2 aggros with about $1000 in stacks having their way at the table.

Excalibur has a bad beat jackpot which increases rake to $5--had quads and won $40-cracked aces win also-you get to spin a wheel.

All in all it's worth looking at as long as you realize there is a possibility of running into a bad game anywhere.