Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2006, 01:34 PM

Default EVERY final table hand shown was with Jamie Gold...

...except the one where wasicka takes out Kim.

Every other hand was with Jamie gold.

God that deck hit him up the head. I give him credit for talking his opponents into paying him off, but christ, damn near every hand shown where has a significant stake of the pot he hits a set, makes trips, make TPTK headsup, hitsw a gutshot, gets QQ into someone else's JJ...twice..and on and on. Or when he is behind and CALLS cunninghams allin with KJ and hits his King, or pushing 3 way pot allin into a deadpot with bottom straight draw, and getting there...

Like i say i give him credit for talking opponents into calling, but otherwise any monkey could play those cards and that rush. The cards basically played them self.

And why didnt binger call the floor when gold exposed his jack.....he could have had the pot right there...
Old 09-27-2006, 02:00 PM

Default Re: EVERY final table hand shown was with Jamie Gold...

[ QUOTE ]
And why didnt binger call the floor when gold exposed his jack.....he could have had the pot right there...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that Gold with have received either a warning or a penalty. I don't believe the hand would have been deemed dead.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:16 PM

And FYI - I saw the PPV and they did a great job of editing, what you saw was what you got, not many if any significant hands were played between the others solo besides Kim getting waxed.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Every other hand was with Jamie gold.

God that deck hit him up the head...gets QQ into someone else's JJ...twice..and on and on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the thing that struck me was that quite a few times his opponents had legitimately playable hands, but he had an even better one. That's luck of the draw and he merely needed to play well enough to let them hang themselves--which he did, give him credit.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The hand wouldn't have been rule dead. Most likely Gold would have received a 10 minute penalty. Binger doesn't want that because he can't play Wasica heads up and they won't make a dent in Gold's stack through the blinds. Wasica should have been the one to call it but I figure he didn't want to look like a jerk on TV.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:58 PM

Every hand included Gold because he played most of the big pot hands at the FT and those are the ones that make it on TV.

And well, normally when you win the ME, you're there longer than the others, which obviously means that you'll be involved in more hand.

I don't blame Gold for calling AC's all-in with KJ. He knew he was behind, but he also knew that he couldn't outplay Allen in the long run (when Allen called off his bluff with ace high, he looked very shook up on the PPV) and that he had the chips to spare so then even if Allen did double up, he'd still have a stranglehold on the rest of the table.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:29 PM

How about the AT binger vs AQ cunningham hand?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The hand wouldn't have been rule dead. Most likely Gold would have received a 10 minute penalty. Binger doesn't want that because he can't play Wasica heads up and they won't make a dent in Gold's stack through the blinds. Wasica should have been the one to call it but I figure he didn't want to look like a jerk on TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. If they are smart, they play ery quickly, and are taking what, half a million from his stack every 3 hands? Sure, maybe they only get 3 or 4 million from him, but it all adds up. Coupled with the fact that neither of them then has the 800-lb gorilla breathing down their neck, it would have been a +EV move from either of them.

Actually, it looks like blinds were at LEAST 250k/500k/50k at the time it happened, so near a million evey three hands. If true, not calling the penalty on him is one of the biggest missteps in WSOP FT history. They coulda chopped out near 10% of his stack with no risk vs him.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:18 AM

Gold would have gotten a warning if anything was done. Nobody wants to see players removed from the final table for something like that even if it's just for 10 minutes.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:13 AM

There were def. several other hands that could have made the broadcast, and imo, should have been for variety. Notably the Wasicka double up through Binger and Binger's double up through Cunningham. However, Gold was the story, and they did a fine job of potraying how the final actually was in the few hands shown on the ESPN broadcast.

This is ESPN to though, people can take chip leads at final tables from a low stack and youd never know watching the broadcast.