Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Did Gold\'s out-of-turn fold cost Cunningham this hand?

Description of hand: 4-handed. 200k/400k blinds with 50k ante. Cunningham raises to 800k UTG with 10s. Gold calls (don't remember what he had)from SB; Wasicka calls from BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Flop (2.6 million): A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Check around.

Turn (2.6 million): A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Gold checks, Wasicka bets 1 million. Cunningham announces raise and Gold folds out of turn. Cunningham raises to 4 million. Wasicka moves all in. Cunningham folds. Wasicka shows the bluff.

1) Did Gold's out-of-turn fold cause Cunningham to change the amount he was going to raise?

2) Did Gold's out-of-turn fold cost Cunningham this hand?
----
I'm not interested in comments about Gold's character or insults about his flawed action in this hand. I'm just wondering if you think it affected Cunningham's action and therefore, possibly, the rest of the hand. I haven't made up my mind yet.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Did Gold\'s out-of-turn fold cost Cunningham this hand?

Good point. Didn't think about that while watching the hand, but it would have been really difficult for Paul to make that move with Gold waiting to act behind him.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Did Gold\'s out-of-turn fold cost Cunningham this hand?

[ QUOTE ]
Good point. Didn't think about that while watching the hand, but it would have been really difficult for Paul to make that move with Gold waiting to act behind him.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Gold is going to check-raise or cold-call after checking two streets?

I don't buy it.
Closed Thread