Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2006, 12:32 AM

Default Any experiences with 5Dimes?

I'm thinking about making a $5000 deposit at 5Dimes to get a $1000 bonus. The thing that's holding me back is the note on the SBR review that says they're very harsh on bonus hunters:

[ QUOTE ]
5Dimes is on record for saying they are on the watch for bonus hunters and will deal harshly with them. This is not the book for you if you are a bonus hopper...They are also known for having assumed drastic positions against bonus abusers in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does that mean, exactly? They confiscate bonus + winnings and give you your deposit back? How would they identify bonus hunters? People who bet on heavy favorites to clear the rollover requirement with as little risk as possible?
Old 09-27-2006, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Any experiences with 5Dimes?

I’ve been using 5 dimes since 1999 and have taken advantage of most bonuses they have offered. In the past 5 dimes apparently gave poor customer support to be they believed abused bonuses and even went as far as to stats that they are looking out for bonus hunters in their FAQ section.
With this all said I’ve not heard of anyone actually having a problem with even losing their bonus privileges let alone have bonus or any funds removed, at least in the past few years that I recall.
I honestly don’t think you have much to be worried about. I’ve always had a positive experience with 5 dimes. I used them as a leg in a big middle on an NCAAH March Madness game earlier this year and I really unloaded on it. I cashed out $10K w/ no problems a couple days after depositing $5500.
I personally have nothing other than good things to say about them, but perhaps some others can share their opinions too.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:18 AM

SBR has a forums section so you might want to search there, or ask your question there.

I believe 5Dimes gives most of their bonuses as free plays. I've seen quite a few people suggest that the best way to use free plays is to bet a 3 team parlay using all 8 combinations of the 3 teams involved in the parlay. That way if you have a $500 free play split into 8 parlays, you win $375 regardless of the outcome. That's a very foolish use of your free play, because not only is it a non-optimal use, at worst it annoys the book and the book confiscates your bonus and winnings, and doesn't offer you any more bonuses.

If they don't want you betting heavy favorites to clear the rollover requirement, they would just use the lesser of the risk and win amount for rollover purposes, which is a somewhat common rule.

As a general rule when claiming bonuses, you want to look like a recreational bettor and not someone who's just there for the bonus. If you appear to be the latter you may find you don't get as many bonuses in the future.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:26 AM

5Dimes bonus is fairly easy to arb out and get 80%+ return (FWIW skybook blows and I frequently end up using the parlay method to get my dollars working there in comparision). Someone has gotten a 90% return there which isn't too bad, the best I've heard of is a 92.2% whereas I'd gladly take 80% on all of mine.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:23 AM

Location: /goggles fill up with tears / oh crap hold on can\'t see anything

anyone can earn 100%+ finding a good futures line, although that's EV, not a guaranteed return. 80% is a pretty good return for arbing it out.

i hit them for a bunch of bonuses back in the day, had no problems cashing out or anything. they don't let me get bonuses anymore because i have a positive net on there, but that's a common stipulation.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:57 AM

Best for baseball, I think. I don't bonus whore, so I have no idea.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone can earn 100%+ finding a good futures line, although that's EV, not a guaranteed return. 80% is a pretty good return for arbing it out.

i hit them for a bunch of bonuses back in the day, had no problems cashing out or anything. they don't let me get bonuses anymore because i have a positive net on there, but that's a common stipulation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but then we all can't find future lines like you [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Or don't want our money tied up for 2-5 months :x
Old 09-27-2006, 09:51 PM

here's the thing with 5dimes. 1st off, it is a freeplay, 2nd you have to complete the rollover before they give it to u, so no bustie on first bet. how f--ked up is that?

of course they don't tell that until after u deposit. i drpped $1500 in them and i wanted to withdraw as soon as they told me their bs policy. then they stuck me with $45 withdraw fee for depositing and not giving them action.

f them, hope the owner gets picked up at the airport on a layover
Old 09-27-2006, 10:22 PM

I've had an account there for a few years now. They're a pretty good teaser book even if they do [censored] with the lines to protect themselves. For everything else you can usually do better elsewhere. Cashouts have always been fine.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:26 PM

Umm... They give you the freeplay right off.