Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 11:42 PM

Default some thoughts....on re-raising pf

mmm kay.. so the past 25k hands im down like -2.5bb/100 hands which is pretty sexy...

I havent found that my play has been much changed or different.

i dont feel like im playing any worse which is probably not true at all.. but i havent found myself doing anyting excepptionally stupid

the main difference in my play is that i've been re-raising alot more preflop with my good hands TT++ AQ++

this has turned my AQ/AK into much winning'er hands because
these hands have increased in winning %, but i think that im losing alot of value not reaching post flop with these hands

is it possible that im re-raising *too much*????

i usually re-raise potsize pf im gonna do it at all. sometimes more..

anyone think that this is the most stupid thing u've heard?

edit:

------------
oh yeah another thought..

is it just me or is c-betting shorties almost guarenteed that they will check raise you all in? or is it just me bc my aggression is so predictable?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:45 PM

Default Re: some thoughts....on re-raising pf

this is the last time (in the next week) i'll say this: you don't need a wide reraising range at these stakes.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:51 PM

is that considered a wide re-raise range?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is the last time (in the next week) i'll say this: you don't need a wide reraising range at these stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you've covered it before, but could you address why a wide reraising range isn't necessary at these stakes (and are we talking <NL200 - or?) and what factors make a wider reraising range needed as you move up?
Old 09-27-2006, 01:49 AM

I think at higher levels (400 and up?) people are opening with a much wider range pf, so you can widen your 3bet range and be ahead. Also People are more likely to pick up on the fact that you only 3bet AA and KK, and therefore it helps to widen your range to mask the times that you actually have it. At lower levels most players arent this observant and thier pfr ranges normally arent all that wide, a lot more weak passives limping in with AQ it seems.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need many other things neither, but SSNL players are extremely bad at playing reraised pots. So please, go ahead and reraise those bad TAGs such as me.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:54 AM

Frequently reraising w/o specific reads with hands like AQ or TT at these stakes, especially against an early raiser, is likely to be spew. What are you going to do if they 4bet you? You would have wished you saw the flop for a call, especially if you were in position. What if they call and you flop a hand like TPGK or an overpair that is afraid of bigger overpairs? Playing these kind of hands, for the most part, can lead to a lot of chips committed to marginal situations.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:56 AM

against shorties 30BB or less i will rarely cbet.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:12 AM

Personally I think 3-betting well at 100NL is a huge boost if you can do it well. Do it against specific opponents with specific hands. Figure out what they'll call your three-bet with based on their general VPIP and pfr %s. If you find a 50/30 or so at your table, do it quite liberally... Problem is people get discouraged easily from one or two bad results and don't realize how important it is for future hands and expectation of hands like AA, KK, QQ, and AK. These 50/30s will fight back, and it's just up to them to shoot in the dark when you really have a hand and when you don't.

I don't think middle grounding here is a good idea though. I think if you start expanding your range, you want to do it by a good amount, and not just add one or two hands (and note, it still must be against certain types of opponents). This will not add to your deception value, and will only cause you to marginally lose some of your +EV with some hands.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I think 3-betting well at 100NL is a huge boost if you can do it well. Do it against specific opponents with specific hands. Figure out what they'll call your three-bet with based on their general VPIP and pfr %s. If you find a 50/30 or so at your table, do it quite liberally... Problem is people get discouraged easily from one or two bad results and don't realize how important it is for future hands and expectation of hands like AA, KK, QQ, and AK. These 50/30s will fight back, and it's just up to them to shoot in the dark when you really have a hand and when you don't.

I don't think middle grounding here is a good idea though. I think if you start expanding your range, you want to do it by a good amount, and not just add one or two hands (and note, it still must be against certain types of opponents). This will not add to your deception value, and will only cause you to marginally lose some of your +EV with some hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
nh sir, hit the nail on the head.