Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 12:31 PM

Default 20k hands at 100 nl...i still havent figured it out?

Rewind to july, i have 3 ft's on ps including a second in the 3+r, i run my bankroll up to just short of 7,500$
until this point i had never topped 2500, i was running well and playing well. I was playing .5/1 and fairing very well, i made around 2700 of the 7,500 playing .5/1 6 max and felt extremely comfortable. I take a 3 week break to travel etc with freinds and hang out before school starts.
Flash forward to school.
I try to get serious about poker and obviously start a big downswing, thats ok, whatever, i know big swings come and go. But the problem is..i cant really find my groove again.

Below are my stats for the first 20k hands on PT and im at a W$SD of 53.5 and im down almost 500..at first most of the problem probably was variance, but now its compiled to bad play and i cant figure out how i can have 53% sd and still be getting my ass kicked.. over my last 7-8k hands ive been winning 59-61% of sd's and STILL losing or breaking even, i dont really know whats going wrong, some people are telling me i must be losing all my big pots and that im probably building some pots with marginal holdindgs or playing to high of variance poker..but is that all it is? is that easly fixable? help me please.. :\

stats:
http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=statsvl9.png

http://aycu34.webshots.com/image/415...2025502_rs.jpg

http://aycu07.webshots.com/image/372...5926871_rs.jpg
Old 09-26-2006, 12:40 PM

Default Re: 20k hands at 100 nl...i still havent figured it out?

What is your Total Aggression rating when yopu untick the "include pre-flop numbers..." at the top of the window?

You might benefit from being more aggressive/calling down less post flop praps, but I'm no expert.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is your Total Aggression rating when yopu untick the "include pre-flop numbers..." at the top of the window?

You might benefit from being more aggressive/calling down less post flop praps, but I'm no expert.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-26-2006, 01:09 PM

badger what do you mean? im not sure what youre saying is making sense to me
Old 09-26-2006, 01:13 PM

Go back to PT, look at the hands that you played during the two 6-7 buyin downswings. If you were steadily losing I would suggest looking for leaks, but here you had two very clear downswings that account for all your loss, suggesting that either you ran bad or are tilting when you lose. In particular the dip between 5800 and 6500 approx is extreme. It looks like you never won a hand and only played big pots.

If you review the hands and feel like you played well then don't worry, variance can and will do much worse to you.

One thought: you mention your MTT results. When I play a tourney it throws off my ring game. It makes me more willing to go to the felt and I misjudge hand strengths a little. If you play tournies you see a lot of weak hands pushed, especially in the latter stages, be aware that this does impact on your assessment of situations.
Also, when I played tournies and make a bad play it might bust me out but at least thats it, you get mad but start the next tournie afresh with the same tight standard early game so tilt has a minimal impact. In Ring games you make a bad call, you rebuy still mad and make another, and on it goes til your whole roll is gone. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2006, 01:17 PM

Well my post flop total aggression rating is around 4, but that may just be down to playing style. Yours is probably fine.

Maybe you could make more steals, Pokey wrote a good article on blind stealing and suggested 30-35% to be a good ATS number, this asusmes you have the judgement to cont bet in the right places.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:20 PM

so skuzzy you would say that it really does look im going to the felt with too many marginal hands? i never really thought about my brain not fully switching gears but that could be it, i guess ill try and completely focus on my ring for a while in hopes that i can re calibrate, also ill take a look at the hh's..thanks man [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2006, 01:21 PM

Badger, can you link me to this pokey article?
Old 09-26-2006, 01:26 PM

Its in the master sticky, basically you should read the whole thing, and all the links in it. Yes it will take ages but it is invaluable (Thats why it's there!)

Pokey on blind stealing