Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 12:31 PM

Default Blind defense hand

Party .5/1 6 max. Button is an aggressive solid short handed player.

Pre flop: folds to button who raises, i 3-bet K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], BB folds and button calls.

Flop(2 players 7sb): T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet, he raises and i call.

Turn( 2 players 5.5b): K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check/call.

River(2 players 7.5bb): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet.

Like or no?
Old 09-26-2006, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Blind defense hand

The 3-bet preflop is not my style. If, as you say, button is an aggressive and solid player, he may indeed be stealing here, but your hand is still pretty weak on balance.

I think I mostly fold this PF, but as I've said elsewhere I may need to work on my blind defense type situations.

If you are going to play the hand, I can see wanting to 3-bet to get the BB out, though stats on him would be good.

Other than preflop, I think this line is good.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:42 PM

Not sure if K8s is enough to 3 bet cause i think the button has alot of hands here that i don't want to be against.

I would feel better if it was J8 or Q8, but not sure.

Why are we calling the flop raise?? I think this either a fold/raise once it it raised back to us.

TWIWP however, The Turn and River are fine as villian is calling with alot of hands we are ahead of here.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are we calling the flop raise?? I think this either a fold/raise once it it raised back to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think i have enough to call here? FWIW his raising range on a flop like this is wide. Even if it wasn't i still think i have enough to call. 3-betting crossed my mind but i didn't really want to get too deep here and the turn may bring a card that would force me to bet/call with( [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or 9) and that would suck.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:45 PM

to others: K8s is plenty good to defend against an aggressive stealer. if we're going to play here, we have to 3bet, though, because our hand is a lot stronger against 1 opponent than against 2.

jerbear: I would much rather have K8 than Q8 or J8 because of its high card strength.

on the flop i count 1.5 BDFD + 1 BDSD (though this draw is really weak since we can never continue with just a gutshot here) = 2.5. We need another ~2 outs for Ks to make breakeven odds on a peel, plus a little in implieds. It's thin, but it's there.

i like the rest, i think. donking the turn is just going to shut him down, but we lead the river to prevent him checking behind.

sean, i assume you're sort of stuck calling a river raise?
Old 09-26-2006, 01:49 PM

Check/raise the turn

Too likely that he has a draw.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:43 PM

I would fold PF, unless I had some numbers on his AttSteal.

I don't know what to make of the flop peel, but I do like Shill's idea of checkraising the turn. Getting 3bet sucks since we should probably take this to showdown, but villain will call with plenty of worse hands.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:54 PM

The fact you 3 bet pre flop and then this rag flop hit would make him think u were gonna bet no matter what flop hit (as most players do with overcards) so he may have raised here for that reason - however i don't think you can call this re-raise on the flop. If he hit the flop you are behind, if he didn't and still has the confidence to reraise you (being a solid player) then you are probably behind anyway. The turn i believe is a bet or check raise situation. i don't understand the check call? Maybe if u believed he was gonna fold to a check raise but if u cold called he would call a river bet?
Old 09-26-2006, 02:57 PM

this is why I suck at 6-max. Seriously, I've spent 7 min looking at this hand and don't know what to say.

KTs+ I 3-bet out of SB. K8s, I muck.

the flop is an easy c/bet to see if he will fold. Call raise cause you got 1 overcard, bdfd, 0.5 out bdsd.

turn, I like to c/r the K's. Although, I'm not sure if I'd like my position if he 3-bet me, so maybe c/c and bet the river is a good option, especially since we don't know where we're at in the hand. In your line, we spend 3BBs in the turn and river. If we c/r the turn and he doesn't 3-bet we spend 3BB to showdown. If he raises the turn, we have to call, and maybe c/c the river or even fold ui on the river - either 3-4BB, depending on if we call the river.

Potential holdings he could have are JT, QT, KT, AT, TT, 77, 55, QQ+... plus a number of other hands. Once you get your K on the turn, I suppose that commits you to showdown just based on the number of hands he can have that you beat then.

You also don't want him to check behind on the river, so the c/c, bet line is brilliant.

Long-winded and rambling, but conclusion... I think it's fine.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:29 PM

I fold preflop, too.