Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 08:01 AM

Default Who lost 2 million in one night playing the Big Game?

Just listening to the latest Brad Booth interview, and he's talking about going on a poker trip to Italy with Guil Alaberti(the owner of Cirque du Soleil and Zumanaty). The host then says that one of the regulars from the Big Game was also supposed to go, but had had a bad session the night before and finished down 2 million. Baseless speculation on who this might have been? Seems like it happened a little while ago.

The host also says that the guy should probably "rene....rename nameless". Subtle clue?
Old 09-25-2006, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Who lost 2 million in one night playing the Big Game?

Well it could have been Rene for sure. I heard he said he wasn't going to play in the big game anymore because he lost so much.

The other day a guy on Full Tilt said he took Ivey for 2.2 million. His sn was Bobby sumthin, said he was from Mn.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:18 PM

Can't say who it was because Brad didn't want to name the person, but it was not Rene.

How about the Jamie Gold challenge? Now that someone has accepted his offer, lets see if he accepts. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tuco.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:17 PM

So was it just a coincedence that this Bobby guy said he beat Ivey out of 2.2?

I kind of thought after Yukon saying someone out there in Europe lost a couple mil and Ivey IS there people might speculate a lil more about it being him.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How about the Jamie Gold challenge? Now that someone has accepted his offer, lets see if he accepts. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is the Jamie Gold Challenge?
Old 09-25-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

who accepted?
Old 09-25-2006, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who accepted his offer?
Old 09-25-2006, 05:08 PM

Who's Jamie Gold?
Old 09-25-2006, 05:09 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]

I kind of thought after Yukon saying someone out there in Europe lost a couple mil and Ivey IS there people might speculate a lil more about it being him.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bobby guy was just some nobody talking crap. Amazing that it's virtually guaranteed that whatever you say will be taking seriously at least by one railbird.
That guy hasn't been playing limits even remotely approaching those where you can lose 2 million in one session...

And those couple of millions was lost in the big game no? Not in Europe. There was a potential trip to Europe.
I didn't hear this interview but that's certainly how I read the post.

Ivey has been in Europe pretty much all this month playing tournaments. First Barcelona where he did really well and finished 2nd, then London where he was knocked out on day two. The only big games he has been playing has probably been those on Full Tilt after getting knocked out.
Recently he said that the games there are so good now that he sleeps with his laptop.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bobby guy was just some nobody talking crap. Amazing that it's virtually guaranteed that whatever you say will be taking seriously at least by one railbird.
That guy hasn't been playing limits even remotely approaching those where you can lose 2 million in one session...

And those couple of millions was lost in the big game no? Not in Europe. There was a potential trip to Europe.
I didn't hear this interview but that's certainly how I read the post.

Ivey has been in Europe pretty much all this month playing tournaments. First Barcelona where he did really well and finished 2nd, then London where he was knocked out on day two. The only big games he has been playing has probably been those on Full Tilt after getting knocked out.
Recently he said that the games there are so good now that he sleeps with his laptop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now wait a minute. I don't take everything seriously... I gave a him a LITTLE credit because he had over 10k sitting out there. Now I understand that having 10k on a gambling site doesn't make you credible. But there are many people with high stakes money that are tired of having crap talked about them. So like I said I gave him just a bit of credit.

I didn't take it as gospel but I did wonder why a hi stakes player would publicly say that he beat Iveyout of that much cash. Then the next day a story comes out that a player who was currently in Eurpoe lost 2 million dollars.

Well I saw Ivey say he was in London. So I threw it out there in gossip land. I didn't really think there were that many people to play in the tourney that had that kind of cash.

So I was surprised when nothing else was mentioned about Ivey.

Since I don't know who this Bobby guy is I have no clue what limits he normally plays. Oh on the big game I've heard it 2 ways. One the big game is at The Bellagio and two it's wherever the normal big game player happen to be.

Anyway to sum it up I don't take everyhting someone says as truth. I was just surprised at the coincedence if nothing else.