Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2006, 11:26 PM

Default The Official Wire 40 Thread

Another brilliant episode. The last scene was very powerful and unexpected, didn't really know how to feel.

I thought the initial scene between the academic guy and Colvin was the weak part of the episode. The conversation was hackneyed and spoke down to the audience. We understand the nature of the conversation, we don't need them to play the roles of "the grizzled police vet" and the "ivory tower academic" quite so perfectly.

I did have a question: What exactly is the realtionship between Marlo, Bodie, and all the top drug guys? I don't remember how everything was set up at the end of last season and some of what was decided on at the Holiday Inn conference room was lost on me. Anyone?
Old 09-24-2006, 11:32 PM

Default Re: The Official Wire 40 Thread

I think the dealers in the conference room are going to ask Marlo to help them drive the NYC dealers out of Baltimore.

Which of the 8th graders is the smart one that was able to do the math puzzle? The smelly kid?
Old 09-24-2006, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the dealers in the conference room are going to ask Marlo to help them drive the NYC dealers out of Baltimore.

Which of the 8th graders is the smart one that was able to do the math puzzle? The smelly kid?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't clear from desk location, but to me that logically makes sense, otherwise, what is the point of the smelly kid, you know?
Old 09-24-2006, 11:39 PM

Compassion/Outcast. He was ridiculed in class for smelling badly yet didn't retaliate. Then at the very end of the show he showed compassion for the other outcast obese girl/assailant.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Compassion/Outcast. He was ridiculed in class for smelling badly yet didn't retaliate. Then at the very end of the show he showed compassion for the other outcast obese girl/assailant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but all that isn't enough. He's an outcast because he's different, he smells bad, but he needs something else, something positive so that the other kids/audience will accept him.

I think he's quiet b/c he's smart and he knows being smart typically would get him "beat up," but eventually, I think his peers will come around and accept him. We'll see...
Old 09-24-2006, 11:50 PM

Oh yes, and now I remember in the first episode of this season when he told the other kids how to identify the birds Marlo would pay the most for.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:52 PM

The ep was powerful and disturbing. Shutting down Major Crimes is dissapointing but not unexpected. My guess is that Rawls put Lester in homicide because he thinks that he will figure out how the dead witness story got leaked.

I'll also guess that it was Michael Lee who solved the problem. The handwriting was neat and for some reason, I don't see Dukie writing that neatly. They seemed to go out of the way to show how smart Michael is.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:54 PM

I have watched this episode a few times.

Bodie and Marlo's relationship is Bodie built a corner up such that it has significant traffic. Marlo wants Bodie to use his "package" (ie. drugs). Obviously Marlo wants to be the supplier for the corner and not Prop Joe's/Slim.

Bodie pretty much has to say yes because he has no backup or muscle.

Prop Joe and Slim lose another distribution point for their drugs.

Now the meeting was totally different. It was that drug conference started initially by Stringer Bell. They wanted to meet with Marlo to join them in fighting the New York dealers.They flat out said the New York dealers were taking over like "Wal-Mart". THey all agreed in that respect Marlo was not nearly as bad and he was just consolidating his own territroy.

It had nothing to do with selling each others product and such. It was just to get NY dealers out of Baltimore.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did have a question: What exactly is the realtionship between Marlo, Bodie, and all the top drug guys? I don't remember how everything was set up at the end of last season and some of what was decided on at the Holiday Inn conference room was lost on me. Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is my interpretation. Slim and all those other dealers get their package through Prop Joe, who gets the drugs from New York. Marlo is independent and gets his [censored] from who knows where. I think the commission boys want to meet with Marlo and try to get him to come along with their product, since he is the main dealer now and would increase all of their profits. Slim doesnt think he'll go for it, as he had no interest in striking a similar deal with Stringer last year.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is my interpretation. Slim and all those other dealers get their package through Prop Joe, who gets the drugs from New York. Marlo is independent and gets his [censored] from who knows where. I think the commission boys want to meet with Marlo and try to get him to come along with their product, since he is the main dealer now and would increase all of their profits. Slim doesnt think he'll go for it, as he had no interest in striking a similar deal with Stringer last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmn, can someone verify or correct? In the meeting, I thought they were all talking about trying to find a way to stick it to the NYC dealers (Walmart). I don't think they want Marlo to come along with the NYC distribution but rather Marlo to back the NYC suppliers off of Baltimore.