Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2006, 08:12 AM

Default Turn decision

The way I played this hand came up in a session review with AussieBattler (to all who haven't done it: the reviews are a great way to learn).

SB is a maniac postflop, and loose-passive preflop. He bets any part of any flop, and generally slows down when played back at. MP1 sat down about 3 hands ago, and I've never played with him before.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#cc3333">SB Caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc3333">SB bets</font>, Hero...
Old 01-27-2006, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Turn decision

I would fold even if he's a maniac. There are to many hands that beat you. And MP1 could raise again.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:37 AM

Ouch, horrible turn card. I'm still not comvinced SB has us beat yet based on your read though. So I call one and check the action that follows. If its two back then I'm out, otherwise I call hoping to hit my 5 outer on the river.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:39 AM

*Grunch*

I hate this situation, looking at it from here i probably fold to the turn bet, with MP1 still to act and there are a lot of hands beating us badly here. Also SB doesnt seem to be slowing down as you would expect seeing as both you and MP1 re-raised.

Having said that in the heat of the moment i probably call... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2006, 08:50 AM

I would call and if it comes 2 more back to me, I would fold. The problem with this hand is the maniac capped the flop and led a highly coordinated board--he did not slow down when played back at. We don't want to get 3-bet by MP1 here.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:33 AM

I'd call one and hope MP1 calls. You have 5 outs to a guaranteed winner. There's 7.5bb in there now if I'm counting correctly, and it looks like there'll be plenty more if you hit. If MP1 raises, I'd only call 1 more if I'm closing the action. If it comes back 2 to me I fold.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:51 PM

ok. well clearly Hero should bet and cap it because the st8 flush card comes on the river.

seriously though, the analysis is pretty good here and our hero did well. if it was HU we would probably just have to call down but the a fold is good given a flop raiser is to act behind us. I Think tha calling one but folding if its two back might be ok because we are 8.2:1 to made our boat of st8 flush on the river but but I like folding better since there is a strong likelihood that well be paying 2 or 3 bets to see the river....

I was kinda wondering if anyone would reccommend reraising to try and drive out the 3rd guy but that would be spew given the flpo action.

Andy, do you want to post the rest of the hand just to complete this thread?

Battler
Old 01-28-2006, 08:01 AM

We're results oriented now? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

MP1 has Tc Jc (flush, jack high).
SB has 7h 6s (straight, ten high).
Outcome: MP1 wins 14 BB.

My analysis of the hand... Ah, I can't be bothered. I'm hungover, lost my watch and one glove last night. Screw this, I'm listening to Carcass all day.