Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2006, 07:14 AM

Default Good cards, Bad turn

Live 20-40.

Seemingly tight player raises utg. We've played together a lot and he seems pretty solid. The only hand that sticks out is him raising utg, few calls, I called with 77, flop 10 7x, I raised the flop, he 3-bet, I raised the turn and he 3-bet again with KK.

Unknown 3-bets in EP

I cap A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button.

3 way.

Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
check, check, I bet, they both call.

Turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
utg leads, EP raises, I??
Old 09-24-2006, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Good cards, Bad turn

i can't really see doing anything other than calling.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:51 AM

Call. I would put UTG on 99 or 88 and unknown on a hand that beats one pair so a raise by you would likely be four-bet.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:14 AM

i'm assuming this is the 20/40 at the borg?

[censored] it dude, just call. folding is retarded and a 3bet is just asking to get capped (even if you're ahead of the raiser you still have the turn bettor to be concerned about)

what's so tough about this hand?
Old 09-24-2006, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
folding is retarded and a 3bet is just asking to get capped

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2006, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
well thats the thing.. he's certainly not folding. and 3-bet is burning money. so calling is the only option and just hoping and praying its not capped back to you. even if it is, the pot is way too big to even consider folding without seeing a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
well thats the thing.. he's certainly not folding. and 3-bet is burning money. so calling is the only option and just hoping and praying its not capped back to you. even if it is, the pot is way too big to even consider folding without seeing a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's the question again?
Old 09-24-2006, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the question is do we feel comfortable getting trapped for a possible 4 bets here? b/c we're not paying 2 most likely. if we only pay 2, we got lucky that the leader slowed down
Old 09-24-2006, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the question is do we feel comfortable getting trapped for a possible 4 bets here? b/c we're not paying 2 most likely. if we only pay 2, we got lucky that the leader slowed down

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. My other question was what was my action if the river came A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

In the end I ended up 3-betting with the intention of checking any non-diamond river. I thought that this would slow anyone down from capping. And I could see a showdown.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we have the A of trump, it's not likely that we're going to have to pay any more than the 2 bets already in there. I suppose that the original bettor could have a K high flush and figure out that you have the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] so he might make it 3, but I still wouldn't want to voluntarily put in the 3rd bet on the turn.