Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2006, 12:37 AM

Default WCOOP ME Satellite bubble situation

280 buy in WCOOP ME satellite. 34 players get seats, 37 players in. Blinds 1k/2k. My stack 10k. There are 3 or 4 players less than chips in me and im one off the gun.

Dealt to hero: KK
I move all in and am called by AK. Flop is K high and it holds. Is this an obvious push or should i have never risked elimination and waited for others to go out?
Old 09-24-2006, 12:45 AM

Default Re: WCOOP ME Satellite bubble situation

I would push also. Of the 3 or 4 players lower than you, you can probably expect at least 1 or 2 to double up when they finally put their chips in plus the blinds are about to go through you.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would push also. Of the 3 or 4 players lower than you, you can probably expect at least 1 or 2 to double up when they finally put their chips in plus the blinds are about to go through you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what im thinking. How many players do i need to be ahead of to fold? Obviously margin of lead is important, but we'll have to estimate.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:55 AM

28th, maybe 29th would do it. Elimination/flux, blinds are big enoguh you can expect a 3-4 spot swing, maybe more, around a common median. Depends on the hierarchy and if there are aggro gigastacks at the end who just steamroll 'cause they got other things to do.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:41 AM

KK is an interesting hand in those satellites. In a Sunday 530 satellite there was one player left to go, one shorter stack who had < 2BB, and I had 2nd fewest chips w/ about 4 BB. I pushed KK UTG and was called by a bored A7 in the BB (of course an A came on the flop). In retrospect I decided I should have folded KK UTG and wait til one more player busts. Yesterday in a 1050 WCOOP satellite there were two players left to go and I was semi-comfortably in the middle of the pack and I folded KK in EP. I managed to sneak in after a late scare. So, KK hands are definately close calls late in these sats.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:06 AM

Ive folded KK & QQ in bubble spots easily. With 3 or 4 players left, i probably open by shoving KK b/c nothing is guaranteed at your stack size and an m of 2ish..