Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 11:31 PM

Default Video game: High School Football

Starting off small, I would like to do California High School Football video game.

The first goal would be get the names, mascots, and colors of every single school and contact lists for every school, to get more information when necessary.

After the information phase, then contact the coaches requesting a roster with Height, weight, number and position. Pictures possible as well. Re-do every year.

For the top prospects(250?) in California, have actual profiles on them, they are the top notch players in the game. For the rest of the players, the attributes are randomized.

Man features like a true state playoff tournament(National tournament, after a couple years and the game gets into all states), dynasty mode, coaching mode. Many more ideas as well.

I think the potential market for this is huge, kids would get boners over seeing their picture on the video game, playing with their actual team. Unfortunately the only market is the high school football players, whereas Madden attracts more. But the potential is there. Thoughts?
Old 09-24-2006, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Video game: High School Football

Maybe u can call it Friday Night Lights. Unfortunaly i think this might be impossible to implement.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:39 AM

My first thought is that you will have to get permission from all these guys to use their image in the game. It's had to coordinate and it's not going to be free for the top prospects.

My second thought is that decent video games are very expensive and timeconsuming to make. You would have to have a good generic base game that allows for very easy roster changes on your end - but doesn't look like generic junk from 4 generations ago. Maybe there are football game engines you can license... That's a big maybe.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:49 AM

Sounds like a nightmare to produce with a very limited market.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:33 PM

You probably wouldn't be able to use there pictures or names. NCAA football uses for example QB #10 for Troy Smith. This is because of NCAA rules that a player can't be part of something that makes profit. Something like that I can't think of the exact ruling but you get the point I'm sure. Weight, Height, number and position are all doable though.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:00 PM

Im right with RivaLiva it would basically b impossible to get the real players but the best chance of gettin a high school football game made would be through EA sports if they dont already hav one going. Through this you could have these players implemented into the recruiting in NCAA and try to get them to the NFL so all of them are linked together. And since its so hard to get all the high school teams in the state they could just do the top ones and hav an add a team or add a division of teams that are local for the people willing to spend the time and you could hav your own high school team that you went to. Those are just my thoughts but i think the odds of this actually being able to work arent very good just because of how many high schools there are in the nation.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:33 PM

with high school its illegal to put there names, you can have pics of the actual players and numbers that correlate to real people, but actual names or rosters are not allowed to be put in video games at this time.

thats only through what I heard, a freind of mine had a simalar question and someone looked it up. this might have changed this time, and may vary state to state
Old 09-24-2006, 08:59 PM

The entire point of the video game would be to have all the teams, because as it is already its a very limited market. If it is possible to get all teams and players, virtually every single kid will buy one. If you have to do "add a team" or "add a division" the game stands no chance, because you can just create your own school in NCAA or something.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:45 AM

wow, this might be the worst idea since the 'jump to conclusions' mat.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:42 AM

This is a good idea, some other large sports message boards I've posted on would buy every copy in stock. They are not just high school kids. High School football is huge in a lot of states. It's just going to be very hard to get all the schools. Probably will cost too much to do so also.

The other flaw in this plan though, is that you cannot expect a gamer to get 3 games for one season. I know I don't get madden anymore because I never played two games enough when I got both Madden and NCAA football. Now I just get NCAA.