Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 11:26 AM

Default TT in big blind

No reliabe reads expect for cutoff who is a call station

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.50.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls.

I check raised here to try and protect my hand

Turn: (9.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds... <font color="#CC3333">
Old 09-23-2006, 11:29 AM

Default Re: TT in big blind

[ QUOTE ]
I check raised here to try and protect my hand

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but you didn't check the flop trying to protect your hand right? wouldn't you expect UTG to bet more than the others.

stop the action when you fold. it gives us more info than you had.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:34 AM

If I had just bet out it would have given some draws such as middle pair / overcard and backdoor straight draws the correct odds to come along.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I had just bet out it would have given some draws such as middle pair / overcard and backdoor straight draws the correct odds to come along.

[/ QUOTE ]

as would a check-through. did you expect UTG or CO to bet when you checked?

why the PF 3-bet if you want someone else to bet the flop for you?
Old 09-23-2006, 11:40 AM

Because I thought I had the best had pre-flop therefore I wanted to build a pot. Yet the flop was high organized and I wanted to try to knock out or give in correct odds to any weak drawing hands
Old 09-23-2006, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I thought I had the best had pre-flop therefore I wanted to build a pot. Yet the flop was high organized and I wanted to try to knock out or give in correct odds to any weak drawing hands

[/ QUOTE ]

if UTG bets or the flop gets checked through, you can't protect. you were very fortunate to have CO bet here. even with the best case scenario, UTG still didn't fold his AQs.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:49 AM

Don't CR the flop. The most likely player to bet is UTG in which case u can't protect. Just bet out.

Edit: Also a 3-bet pf and then a check is very suspicious, so the chance of a check through is higher than normal.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:54 AM

If I bet out my opponents are getting 14-1 to call. If I c/r I cut their odds to 7-1
Old 09-23-2006, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I bet out my opponents are getting 14-1 to call. If I c/r I cut their odds to 7-1

[/ QUOTE ]

And if u are allowed to go all in that will cut there odds even more... Going for a CR is wishfull thinking. The best u can do is to simply bet.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:42 PM

*grunch*

Pre-flop is fine.

Flop: no point in check/raising for protection, the pot is too big already. After your raise, UTG has 15,5 (pot size is 12,5 SB on flop if I can count right) to 2 pot odds, enough to call, even with a gutshot straight draw (although the possible flush draw would prevent me from calling with just a gutshot).

So your raise is basically for value. You can be quite sure you have the best hand now. Yet the board screams of reverse implied odds. I would have check/called the flop.

With a bet and a raise on the turn and a big chance some-one made the wheel, I would fold as well.