Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 01:17 AM

Default Bar Stool Pundits, week 3

So far, the Bar Stool Pundits have stolen a few, going 5-2, meaning that we who fade them are a dismal 2-5. Have faith, the BSPs will revert to the mean, no doubt.

This week's BSP picks are quick and dirty.

The Bar Stool Pundits have seen the second coming of the 2000 Ravens and they have all jumped on board. Nobody can stop the Ravens.

Take Cle +6.5

The Philly Eagles stumbled last week while the 9ers played way over their heads and somehow stole a win from the Rams. The Bar Stool Pundits all know that the 9ers simply cannot stop the Philly offense.

Take the 9ers +6.5

Good luck to all this week. It's really going to take some balls of steel to be the 9ers this week but I gotta do it.

natedogg
Old 09-23-2006, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Bar Stool Pundits, week 3

Pretty sure I'm the only person outside of Minny who likes the Vikings.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:45 AM

Equally surprised to see the absence of the Saints (Atlanta a huge BSP favorite i think) as well Vikings (Chicago likewise).
Old 09-23-2006, 01:47 AM

I've heard many a BSP say the Saints have a decent chance due to the first Monday night in the Superdome, post-Katrina hogwash
Old 09-23-2006, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You arent the only one. The Vikes dont make many mistakes, so its very unlikely the Bears will get a lot of turnovers like they did against GB and Detroit (they got 3 in each.) Also quietly Chicago has only averaged a around 3 yards a carry in the running game this year, which is significant because their running game destroyed bad defenses last year. Anyway that makes it pretty obvious at this point that the Vikings should at least start off by making the running game beat them, which I'm sure they will do. Of course you can't expect Grossman to explode two straight weeks either.

Anyway all things considered I think this should be close to a pick 'em in Minnesota (would come out to a 6ish fav in Chicago,) and does make for a good BSP since everyone in history is on the Bears.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:43 AM

Like before when I didn't see the Texans covering I just don't see the 9ers covering. I do hears the bsps though. I have to say I'm with philly though. History tells me I need to be.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You arent the only one. The Vikes dont make many mistakes, so its very unlikely the Bears will get a lot of turnovers like they did against GB and Detroit (they got 3 in each.) Also quietly Chicago has only averaged a around 3 yards a carry in the running game this year, which is significant because their running game destroyed bad defenses last year. Anyway that makes it pretty obvious at this point that the Vikings should at least start off by making the running game beat them, which I'm sure they will do. Of course you can't expect Grossman to explode two straight weeks either.

Anyway all things considered I think this should be close to a pick 'em in Minnesota (would come out to a 6ish fav in Chicago,) and does make for a good BSP since everyone in history is on the Bears.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime an ESPN broadcasters pick both teams there is no BSP in that game. I've seen Chris Berman and Mark Schlereth (sp?) pick the Vikings.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:20 AM

Yeah but look at the 3+1 thread. Bears all over the place.

ESPN - wow - 5 out of 7 pick the Jags so far.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but look at the 3+1 thread. Bears all over the place.

ESPN - wow - 5 out of 7 pick the Jags so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

All those guys on Jags after their tough MNF game is a sure mush. Indy had a cake game v Houston and the extra day off.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Equally surprised to see the absence of the Saints (Atlanta a huge BSP favorite i think) as well Vikings (Chicago likewise).

[/ QUOTE ]

Bears were close in the running. I would feel fine taking the Vikings but it didn't reach the same level as Baltimore and Philly. Those two are by far the big BSP faves this week.

natedogg