Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 07:03 PM

Default Alittle neverwin gossip

Dan Druff ecently posted this on NWP

DATELINE: Sometime in early 2006
neverwin gets engaged to longtime girlfriend Marie. The two of them already own two houses together: One in Los Angeles, one in Las Vegas. The wedding date is set for sometime in August.

DATELINE: Mid-March, 2006, Party Poker Million Cruise
21-year-old Chantel McNulty, an aspiring professional poker player, goes on the Party Poker cruise with her fiancee, who is also a young poker player. The two of them don't get along very well during the cruise, and Chantel starts to feel that the engagement might be a mistake. A few days into the cruise, she meets neverwin, and the two of them hang out together at times. While their time together is strictly platonic, Chantel develops a huge crush on him, and gets the feeling that she has just met the man she'll be with for years to come -- as opposed to her current, troubled relationship. neverwin fails to tell her that he himself is engaged because "it didn't come up". neverwin is unaware of Chantel's growing feelings for him, especially because nothing physical happens between them during the cruise.

DATELINE: Late April, 2006
Chantel moves from Dallas to Las Vegas. She breaks off her troubled engagement, and starts playing 100-200 cash games at Bellagio. I first meet her when she's railing her drunk friend who is playing me 200-400 heads-up. (This was described in my previous post.) To tell you the truth, I was surprised that she brought neverwin into the conversation at the time. I thought it was a bit odd that she told me to ask him about her, when she didn't even realize at the time that I knew him. It turned out that they had just seen each other again in Vegas, and her feelings for him were continuing to grow. Still, he remained unaware of her crush on him.

DATELINE: May, 2006
Chantel gets back with her fiancee to give things one more try. neverwin's engagement plans still roll on. The two of them run into each other during various times in Vegas, and neverwin starts to look forward to each Vegas-area tournament when he can come out and see her. Still, nothing physical happens between the two of them at this point. neverwin also reveals that he is engaged, much to Chantel's disappointment.

DATELINE: Mid July, 2006
Chantel again ends her engagement and breaks it off with the fiancee, this time for good. She finally comes to another important decision: Her feelings for neverwin are too strong to continue hanging out with him "just as friends", so she comes clean to him. Chantel tells neverwin everything she has been feeling, and that she can't continue spending time with him as long as he's engaged. This wasn't an ultimatum for him to end his engagement. It was basically a "I don't think this is fair to you, me, or your girlfriend" sort of thing. Shortly afterwards, neverwin abruptly leaves Vegas to spend time with his fiancee -- a move that surprises many who expected him to be in Vegas throughout the entire WSOP.

DATELINE: Late July, 2006
Micon inches ever-closer to making his first-ever WSOP final table. neverwin is mysteriously absent through most of the night, but shows up near the end with his fiancee. They watch briefly before leaving. I can't put my finger on it, but I suspect something isn't quite right between them. The next day, Micon indeed makes an ESPN final table, and Marie strangely isn't there to join neverwin on the rail.

DATELINE: Early August, 2006
After a lot of soul-searching, neverwin decides to call off the engagement with Marie. He decides that he isn't yet ready for marriage, and also doesn't know if she's actually the right one for him. They part amicably, but they're left with some difficult baggage -- the two houses they own together. They agree to sell the houses, and neverwin promises Marie to give her some time to get a job and "get on her feet" until proceeding with these plans. However, the long-standing relationship is officially and permanently over.

DATELINE: Early or Mid-August, 2006
neverwin reveals to Chantel that he feels the same way about her, and that his engagement is no longer. The two of them finally get together.

DATELINE: Mid-September, 2006
neverwin and Chantel travel together to Atlantic City for the Borgata tournament. He attempts to help her with her shorthanded limit hold 'em game, and she takes a shot at 500-1000 with him while there. A friend of her ex-fiancee's -- TStoneMBD from 2+2 -- is also in the game, and accuses the two of collusion in a subsequent 2+2 post. While neverwin and Chantel had kept their relationship on the down-low for about a month, they figure that the ensuing interest on 2+2 and NWP might eventually get the beans spilled.

DATELINE: September 19, 2006
I am playing on Pokerstars, and an old-school account with a female name sits down at the 100 game. I remeber this account talking a lot of trash in the past, and it was clearly a guy despite the provocative female name. I start up with the player, calling them a weekend cross-dresser and the like. The player responds by insisting they're really a girl, and makes a strange statement: "Answer your phone and I'll show you how female I really am." 30 seconds later, my phone does indeed ring, and it's neverwin's number on the caller ID. I expect it to be him on the other end, but instead it's Chantel, who along with neverwin, reveals to me the entire story above. This was the first I heard about any of this myself.

DATELINE: September 22, 2006
I waste substantial time during the first morning of the 2006 fall season posting a sappy love story about neverwin and some fellow 22-year-old female degenerate. I realize that one day, when my health fails and my time is precious, I will look back at this post and wonder why I spent so much time posting this crap for the sick pleasure of gossiping, voyeuristic poker forum members. I end the post and re-evaluate my own priorities.

So, apparently they're moving, or have moved to Vegas together.

Both very good people, though. I wish them luck.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Alittle neverwin gossip

so are dan druff, Brian(wrong first name?) micon, and neverwin all different people? what is neverwin's real name?

i always seem to hear those three names spoken together. is the guy who i thought was ~1 guy actually some weinery crew of sorts?

in the end, tl;dr who cares? am i right?
Old 09-22-2006, 07:14 PM

theres so much talk of chantel but yet no pics?
Old 09-22-2006, 07:22 PM

Old 09-22-2006, 07:31 PM

Old 09-22-2006, 07:37 PM

"better" pic: here
Old 09-22-2006, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-22-2006, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

holla
Old 09-22-2006, 07:55 PM

Yeah, she's not a gold-digger. She's a very genuine individual when not at the table. At the table she has a rather pathological character she's developed which is quite effective at getting fish and pros to do what she wants. Good live player.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:03 PM

csc,

i trust raptors opinion on this subject more than yours. i also like my fancy picture.