Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 04:22 PM

Default Need LV Hotel help

Trying to book a room for Oct 6-7 around the MGM area.
Having no luck. The freakin POS Hooters is even $250+/night for that weekend! What the hell? Is Elvis, the Pope, and GeeDub driving in a Vegas NASCAR race that weekend???

Two questions:

Anybody got any reasonably priced hotel tips around that area? Maybe a semi-clean Days Inn or something (No Stu Ungar hotels).

Does the poker rate apply when you book a room at $500+? My understanding is that you book the room and the Poker Room gets you the reduced rate after you have checked in and played. Ya think they will honestly knock off $350/night from the bill?

Help a brotha out.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Need LV Hotel help

Try calling the Luxor or the Excalibur poker rooms (just call their regular reservations line during dayshift and say you would like to book through the poker room). Luxor's poker rate should be ~ $120 per night, Excalibur less than that.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:39 PM

That weekend is a very busy one on that corner probably due to the Mandalay Convention center festivities. Poker rates may not be valid. Definately call to ask, though they may refer you to the host desk, which is never a good thing for a poker player. There is always off strip, if budget is a serious concern.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:51 PM

I punched up a rack rate of $171/day for excal that friday and saturday, so there is definitely some premium added to the regular price for whatever is going on at that time. circus circus was around $130 but that's way up north from MGM.

I'm Harrah's Diamond and I couldn't get anything good at any of their six LV hotels on 2 weeks notice, if that gives you any perspective.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:52 PM

I'm going the following weekend and was having the same problem. Try The Orleans. I got it from orbitz for $97 weekends and $47 weeknights. I expect the poker room to knock some of this too.

Its offstrip. But, they have poker and the savings will pay for a rental car. If your dinking then use your savings on cabs.

The orleans reservation line will match the best rate you find. So, get your price and then book directly. If you book through orbitz the pokerroom won't give you a rate.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:13 PM

I just stayed at Alladin for 59 bucks a night off some code I found on fatwallet.com. Place is a construction mess but good rooms and good location.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:30 PM

Speaking of help with LV hotels, do any of them show pay-per-view events like the UFC this coming Saturday? I'm planning a poker trip but I don't want to miss the fight, and you can't get ppv in the rooms.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:45 AM

if you have a hooters girl somewhere in your family you can get excellent rates at hooters hotel usually regardless of the time, i know one who paid $75 for fri/sat night for 4th of july weekend