Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 03:55 AM

Default Online 20/40

Haven't posted a hand in a while, and haven't been playing that much - I'm on the button after my first rotation and no history on anyone. Eight handed:

UTG Raises, UTG+1 Cold Calls, fold, MP calls, Hijack folds, I call with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button. Both blinds call.

Six to the flop for 6BB

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Both blinds check, UTG bets. Two folds. I raise (???????), both blinds fold, and UTG calls. Heads Up, 8BB in the pot.

Turn is [K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG Checks, I bet, and UTG raises.

I call (???????????)

River is [K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG Bets out. 13BB in the pot. I call. Again.

I have questions on every street here. Moreso, I think that this hand may expose all kinds of problems in my game. I was not sure of the raise on the flop, and that may have been my only good play.

Help a brother out.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Online 20/40

oldfay efloppray
Old 09-22-2006, 04:42 AM

this is pretty close to misplayed on every street, save the flop and maybe the river.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:04 AM

That's a pretty scary flop and your hand is unlikely to be best. I'm not too crazy about the raise on the flop but since you did and UTG just called I would definitely check the turn for a free card. Call or bet the river pending on UTG's action. Calling is definitely weak here since majority of the time UTG has u beat with a bigger pair. The only reason why I would call is because of the size of the pot and to get some information in the future.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oldfay efloppray

[/ QUOTE ]

piggy latin was old hat in the uk in the 90s.

but if you're gonna call preflop, sixways, you're gonna have to hit the flop hard and here your reverse implied odds are terrbile so - I'm oldingfay they lopfay