Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 01:15 AM

Default PartyPoker 1/2 vs .5/1

I started playing online again a couple months ago. I'm currently playing .5/1 with the intention of playing this until my initial $150 deposit grows to ~500 before moving up.

Tonight I decided to try the 1/2 game just for fun. The players were WAY worse than those at the .5/1 game. Seemed like at least 3 or 4 players were just there to gamble.

Is the .5/1 game actually harder than the 1/2 game regularly? I'm thinking about playing 1/2 now until (if) I find they are actually harder to beat than .5/1. Bankroll isn't an issue since I have money I can deposit without a problem.

Edit: Fixed some bad wording.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:18 AM

Default Re: PartyPoker 1/2 vs .5/1

[ QUOTE ]
I started playing online again a couple months ago. I'm currently playing .5/1 with the intention of playing this until my initial $150 deposit grows to ~500 before moving up.

Tonight I decided to try the 1/2 game just for fun. It was WAY worse than the .5/1 game. Seemed like at least 3 or 4 players were just there to gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2006, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Tonight I decided to try the 1/2 game just for fun. It was WAY worse than the .5/1 game. Seemed like at least 3 or 4 players were just there to gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I worded that very poorly. Way worse = the players were way worse, the game very goooooooooood!
Old 09-22-2006, 03:39 AM

I think it is hard to say one game is looser than the other without more than one night behind it. You may have found one game that was easier than the normal .5/1 but I think it is tough to extrapolate that over to all of 1-2 at Party. Party in my experience is a tigher game than other sites. If you want to find looser games, I have been told paradise is an easier place to find looser games than Party.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is hard to say one game is looser than the other without more than one night behind it. You may have found one game that was easier than the normal .5/1 but I think it is tough to extrapolate that over to all of 1-2 at Party. Party in my experience is a tigher game than other sites. If you want to find looser games, I have been told paradise is an easier place to find looser games than Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I agree that one game is too early to make a generalization. And obviously there will be some 1/2 games that are easier/harder than other .5/1. But, thats why I'm posting here, to see if people with more experience with .5/1 and 1/2 can either confirm or deny that one level is generally better than another.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:22 AM

I generally find at these tables there are 2-3 pretty decent players and the rest are pretty much donkeys.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the .5/1 game actually harder than the 1/2 game regularly?

[/ QUOTE ]

The higher u go the tougher it gets. Individual tables may be softer though.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:21 AM

I am not so sure about the higher is tougher rule as 3-6 has a lot of entry level players as well and it is not full of micro grinders multitabling.

I think that game selection is crucial for success and that looking for a good game is time well spent.