Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2006, 10:24 PM

Default the fourth way Republicans win the midterm - Conspiracy Theorists

You realize you aren't helping your cause, right?
Old 09-21-2006, 11:57 PM

Default Re: the fourth way Republicans win the midterm - Conspiracy Theorists

He's got the tried and true Democrat backup plan, cigarettes for the homeless.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:22 AM

Seriously even though I think he is actually a good guy outside of politics WT is precisely why I can't take the left seriously. I mean no doubt the right has its share of evil bastards and wackos but people like him on the left strike me as always playing the role of victom complaining about this or that always having an excuse for defeat. It's the difference between siding with Darth Vader or Princess Amidala.

They really should take a que from President Clinton. You don't see that guy running around the country bitching. No because he was a badass MFer who got the job done and knew how to play the game.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:41 AM

Stupid question, but who is WT?
Old 09-22-2006, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously even though I think he is actually a good guy outside of politics WT is precisely why I can't take the left seriously. I mean no doubt the right has its share of evil bastards and wackos but people like him on the left strike me as always playing the role of victom complaining about this or that always having an excuse for defeat. It's the difference between siding with Darth Vader or Princess Amidala.

They really should take a que from President Clinton. You don't see that guy running around the country bitching. No because he was a badass MFer who got the job done and knew how to play the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

many people think I'm this wacky guy spewing crazy stuff about Religious nutjobs taking over the Republican Party and trying to institutalize a form of Christian "Dominionism" which would subvert everyone's civil rights who don't claim allegience to Christ.

I'm not the only one who's worried, however

"This Republican Party of Lincoln has become a party of theocracy." - Chris Shays, R-CT

here's a nice history

the reason it's really important to me is for one, I was one of many who used to sit in church and be told in so many words "If you love God, you should vote Republican - in fact, I don't see how a person can REALLY be a Christian and vote Democratic"

I have testimony to the abuses of these men that is personal, but it's not documented so no one will care - but the stories are out there -

why does Whiskey care - cause he's a Democrat?- nope - only voted D in 2004 and waiting to reserve judgement on 2008's candidate until I see who's running - I'd be for Barack over Mccain in a heartbeat - but would go Mccain over several Democratic challengers -

one thing for sure, with one political party controlling both Executive and Legislative branches that Americans get shafted the most during that time frame. If I were wrong about this you wouldn't have 75% of Americans willing to overthrow the Grand Ol' Experiment after 6 yrs.

it's important also to me because anytime Church and State mix, it's detrimental for both the Church and Society - History has shown this hundreds of times over, but these nimrods never learn.

I didn't seek to drag this debate from Religion to Politics and back, but when dealing with the Right these days, if you aren't as versed in Old Testament Law as you are in Constitutional Court decisions, those clowns feel we have no legitimacy -

it's time to point out the Emperor has no clothes, and a Theocracy has no place in the United States - and when a man who calls himself Christian kills 50K Iraqi Civilians in the name of my Country and my God, I cry [censored] loudly from the rooftops, because I do not have the monetary or political power to stop the killing myself at this time.

We put our hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution, not the other way around. - America is blessed because people are free to CHOOSE - not because it was founded on Christian Principles - (total BS, BTW - read American Gospel - the Christian Principle was Freedom and Choice to them)

maybe you guys will understand better when they take online poker away.

and when Men get up and say they love God while using spiritual blackmail on the congregations, illegal voter supression tactics in the courts, and hackable voter machines in their precients, I cry [censored] then too -

loudly.

rb
Old 09-22-2006, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you - made my night [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

WT
Old 09-22-2006, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you - made my night [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

WT

[/ QUOTE ]

spuh.

[censored] 's mention of not being able to take the left seriously caused me to run every Democrat I could think of through my head looking for the initials "WT."

I are dumb.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is very much helping the cause when he makes it clear that you have no substantive rebuttle to his arguments.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is very much helping the cause when he makes it clear that you have no substantive rebuttle to his arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because he's not making arguements, he's making baseless assertions or linking to websites that make baseless assertions.

edit: Let's juist make this clear, I hate the republicans. However I hate the republicans because of what they have done while in office. Not because some fringe leftist says they rig elections. I hate the democrats too, and who I hate more is entirely based on which party has power at the time.

Whiskeytown is just fueling the two choices, Republican vs Democrats. His point is to make the Republcicans look evil, therefore vote Democrat. Republicans may be evil, but the democrats are evil too, and I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils, and I'm not to sure Democrats are the lesser anyways.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:21 PM

I think it should be pointed out that since this forum and its audience make up an inconsequential part of the electorate, particularly since many here proudly admit to not voting, whiskey will neither be helping nor hurting 'his cause' with this series of posts; so discussions which center around whether or not he helps or hurts his cause are just reworded proclamations which declare whether or not we agree with him and should be saved for the numerous other threads he started -- for instance, if you think his claims are baseless, or think he's zomg irrefutable, it's better to say so in the specific threads.