Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2006, 02:07 PM

Default Should i put another raise in with QQ pf?

This converter business is doing my nut in..is there no way to get cryptologic hhs converted?

(best i could get was this: http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=517829 )

Anyway I am playing 50nl (0.25/.5 blinds) and have a biggish stack of 130 most other at table have around 50 included my opponent. My opponent is quite solid, tight aggressive will always fire a continuation bet and is happy running the occasional semi bluff. I had previously (about 10 hands ago) taken a pot away from him by raising his flop bet and putting a strong bet in on the turn.

I am dealt QsQh utg:

RAISE Hero , to £1.50
nudge sits back
RAISE Cheap, to £4
FOLD Val_co
FOLD IPlayNuts
CALL Hero , £2.50

In general i am happy with my play at this level though I really try to make sure that i don't play big pots wrong. My thinking for just calling preflop was that I could see what he does on the flop (hopefully defining better if he has ak aa or kk though aqs qq jj adn tt are possible) and raise flop or turn accordingly.

Flop
Td7c3c
CHECK Hero
BET Cheap, £5
CALL Hero , £5

No A or K so not a bad flop for me. Still in the back of my mind though it to try and keep the pot small. I can understand raising his continuation bet here but my thinking was that if he tried to check the turn through then he likely has AK and I can perhaps extract some more chips on the river. So I thought Id wait to see what he does on the turn...

Turn
Td7c3c (2d)
CHECK Hero
Laners680 joins the table at seat #6
BET Cheap, £11
CALL Hero , £11

This is a pretty big bet from him and to be honest it seems unlikely that he has ak now. I could fold here but given that I haven't shown much stength my hand could still very well be good.

River

Td7c3c (2d) (10h)

CHECK Hero
CHECK Cheap

Thoughts on value betting here?

Do alot of people raise to 10 here pf and fold to another reraise? If they do call here it doesn't make playing the flop much easier... ie it creates a large pot when im trying to just keep the pot small and keep hammering away at the table winning small pots.

Then theres the call reraise pf and raise on the flop - assuming you raise enough to make ak go away (something up to about 12-15) then is that the last money you are putting into the pot if you are called?

Trying to play a small pot with an alright holding certainly doesn't make future streets decisions easier!

Sorry about the lack of converter, this is my first post but I hope I can contribute to 2+2

Cheers,

Ed
Old 09-21-2006, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Should i put another raise in with QQ pf?

I don't know of any good crypto converter. Just do it by hand (but add in [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] instead of "s" and add pot size to help us out).

I don't mind the c/c on the flop, but I would lead the turn in that case. If he you think his range is squarely AA/KK/AK and that he will fire another turn barrel with AK, then I suppose your line is OK.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:33 PM

It's very likely he put you on a 10 with your check/call check/call line.

I wouldn't 4-bet out of position with QQ PF unless I was going all-in and I wouldn't do that unless the guy was a maniac. I think I would have led the turn for around half the pot but that would be the last time I put money in.

As played, he only has ~£25 left and the pot is ~£40. If you plan on calling an all-in on the river you might as well just put him all-in yourself for the rare chance that he would fold his AA/KK on the scare card. I wouldn't bet for value there though.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:38 PM

I want to put some bets in here somewhere. Just c/c with an overpair the whole way seems weak to me, and loses a lot of money when you're ahead. I'm fine with just calling pf, I usually don't 4bet unless the guy's already pretty pot commited, since you fold out most of everything you beat and get called with hands that beat you. On flop given your read, I would probably c/r his cbet, and fold to a 3bet, and go from there. Or c/c flop and lead turn.