Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2006, 01:43 AM

Default Jamie Gold not that bad

I am sorry, but from what i have seen of the WSOP TV coverage Gold seems pretty personable and likeable. Yeah he is chatty, but generally not rude or in anyones face. Perhaps ESPN is doing a good job of editing but the other players at the table don't seem to have a problem with him.

I think alot of the hate comes from people's jealousy.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Jamie Gold not that bad

he rubs me the wrong way.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:50 AM

that stuff with Rizen was just weird.

He does not seem like he means bad.

But i just dont understand the weird table talk stuff. I dont think its collusion but its just weird when he seems outraged that someone would call when he tells them not to.

Possibly he was just trying a litle too hard to avoid a coinflip in the hand with Rizen?
Old 09-20-2006, 02:09 AM

I remember someone saying that Gold had been raising almost every hand, so Rizen decided to take a stand with the Ace. His table talk did seem really strange though. I'm kind of surprised no one at the table (mostly Mahatma) said anything about the talk while there were still people left to act.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:42 AM

getting really blazed and watching jamie gold's weird behavior is fun.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he rubs me the wrong way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-20-2006, 05:32 AM

We don't know what kind of guy Gold is. What we do know is the major angle on the lawsuit is now centered upon whether there was REALLY a "deal". So Gold has obviously broken some kind of "deal".
Old 09-20-2006, 07:37 AM

I watched the segment last night and the commentators were wondering if what gold was doing at the table was against the rules. How does anybody not see this. A player raises and he says if you go all in i will call/with players behind him. This should be looked at and his title maybe yanked. As for the lawsuit/i believe crispen has loudmouth/arragant gold on tape saying he will give him half his winnings. Answering machine i believe.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:57 AM

I think (hope) I can do a pretty solid job of defining him.

Jamie Gold is that douchebag that hangs out in everyone's circle of friends. He isn't anyone's best friend or even a really close friend. He's the guy that just tries too hard to be liked and in return, ends up being the bitch of the group. He's the butt of thier jokes when he's not around and even from time-to-time, people talk down to him when they feel the need to belittle someone in the room.

This person isn't a bad guy by any means. He does no real harm to anyone. He just bugs you to your wits end (95% of the time, unintentionally). This person tends to be either somewhat clueless, or gives the appearance to be clueless, as a defense mechanism. Jamie Gold is the "tool", plain and simple. The hugging people when he knocks them out (in 23rd place), like they're close friends. The heartfelt speech, asking so and so why they'd call him there. The "I've got top, top" when he made the AJ call. Please, save the speech. You're not mucking that. It's a toolbox's slowroll is what it is.

I think I just analraptized our WSOP Champion.

Over/under on how many swirlies Jamie recieved as a kid: 3
Old 09-20-2006, 08:17 AM

If you don't hate him yet, perhaps this will help:

August 13th interview on Rounders podcast

Here's what Paul Philips had to say:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little late with this, but you have to listen to this guy... skip forward a bit to when jamie shows up.

For the first few minutes I thought maybe he's just riding a little high after winning twelve million. But then it goes on, and on, and on, and somehow he keeps amping up his awesomeness even when it would seem there's nowhere left to climb. It was like watching a movie with five climaxes. Hmmm, that might be overapt given how much [censored] was coming out of him.

I love it how every time someone wins a big tournament he thinks he's invented a dozen new poker tricks. Limping with a big hand on the button? It's unheard of! Playing more than 5% of your hands? Groundbreaking! Telling the truth about your hand while it's in progress? Nobody ever does that! I do like that he thinks you're only "supposed" to play 5% of your hands. If I can just line up seven more guys like that I'll win 60% of the pots uncontested. Man, this game is easy.

Just by way of sample, he quotes norman chad as saying "it was by far the greatest display of poker talent in the history of poker." Hey, that's good enough for me.

[/ QUOTE ]