Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2006, 10:03 PM

Default PP 1/2 Set against weak player.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB is one of my favorite players. This month he is 35/1.9/.36 over 1000 hands and is -14BB/100. He loses consistently, but playing this hand I have no idea of what he might have. Any comments and advice will be much appreciated.

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

I raised because I wanted to fold SB and thought I might be ahead of BB. But what do you make of the 3-bet?

Turn: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.
What do you make of the 3-bet? Would you cap?
River: (11 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I suspect calling down here is pretty weak, but I keep getting hammered by injudicious agression on the river? What range of hands do you put him on on the various streets and how do you play the hand?
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Looking it over, guess he hits something a straight or 2 pair on the flop. If that is a reasonable read, what do you do?
Old 09-19-2006, 10:30 PM

Default Re: PP 1/2 Set against weak player.

pre flop: normally I would raise 88 OTB in this situation

this guy looks like he needs something pretty nice to 3bet on the flop: set, straight, 2 pair (maybe not even 2 pair, but sometimes)

I would probably raise the turn too and call down - but I don't feel to good about it ... and wish that I would have folded to the flop 3bet
Old 09-19-2006, 10:43 PM

A typically passive player is showing agression on a fairly coordinated board, many cards on the turn can ruin us. I would call the flop and raise the turn. It seems unlikely a person with .36 agression will be betting a flush draw. I would probably cap the turn. I would bet/raise the river and call if he raises/3bets again. Maybe this is the higher variance option.

Maybe he got tired of losing and is changing his game?
Old 09-19-2006, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A typically passive player is showing agression on a fairly coordinated board, many cards on the turn can ruin us. I would call the flop and raise the turn. It seems unlikely a person with .36 agression will be betting a flush draw. I would probably cap the turn. I would bet/raise the river and call if he raises/3bets again. Maybe this is the higher variance option.

Maybe he got tired of losing and is changing his game?

[/ QUOTE ]

not too bad, IMO ... these guys routinely waaay overplay Aces and Kings (and weak enough to limp them ... they think it's sneaky [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

a little too aggro for me against these guys though (after the turn 3bet)
Old 09-19-2006, 11:28 PM

*grunch*

With that kind of postflop aggression, I put the Villian on exactly 5-3 suited or no as it wasn't raised preflop.

I am calling down after the flop, even though I hit my 8 and I absolutely KNOW I need the board to pair.

.36 aggression (over 1000! hands) players do NOT make any moves and they don't EVER bet unless they have the nuts.

Better, maybe he had 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]-3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the open-ended straight flush draw with the nut straight to fall back on.

I hate the turn play given his stats and flop action.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:31 PM

come on this is super weak raise pf then collect bets