Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2006, 08:35 PM

Default Party Poker for Mac

Anyone have any info on when the NATIVE Mac client for Party is going to launch? All I've heard is "soon". I know I can use virtual pc as well as the no download version, but both those solutions just suck compared to a native client. I've tried the .net version that party has had public for awhile now and it's pretty good.

Any info would be great
Old 09-19-2006, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Party Poker for Mac

What they're calling a Mac client is not a native client. It's a cross-platform Java client, like Pokerroom or Pacific.

Works well as far as I can see, though.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:20 PM

yeah it is already launched, I just checked out the java version quickly but it seems a little sluggish. I am not sure when the download mac version is going to be finished though.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:35 AM

No, there is also a native client due to launch. I am aware of the java version. The native client is already up and running for partypoker.net, and the .com version is supposed to launch any time now.

http://www.compatiblepoker.com/Party...ersion.new.htm
Old 09-20-2006, 03:06 PM

http://www.partypoker.com/anywhere/
Old 09-20-2006, 11:01 PM

Has anybody used this Anywhere Beta? How much does it suck? (Or doesn't it?)
Old 09-21-2006, 08:23 AM

guys seriously this is supposed to be the most knowledgable poker forum on the internet. I'm NOT talking about the no download / anywhere / java version. I know that version exists, yes it sucks atm as there are no tournaments and I'm primarily a $215sng player. I'm talking about the NATIVE mac client that although Party has not advertised is in fact being worked on and almost ready. I'm just looking for any info on when that will be out, thanks.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
guys seriously this is supposed to be the most knowledgable poker forum on the internet. I'm NOT talking about the no download / anywhere / java version. I know that version exists, yes it sucks atm as there are no tournaments and I'm primarily a $215sng player. I'm talking about the NATIVE mac client that although Party has not advertised is in fact being worked on and almost ready. I'm just looking for any info on when that will be out, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, I understand your frustration but there are very few mac users here and additionally, in true party fashion, nothing is concrete until its released.

Other than a party representative posting that the 'partypoker.net' beta was available we have heard nothing about a release date.

I did download the .net beta to take a look and it did look very promising. So hopefully it will come soon. I really hope that stars follows parties lead as playing in VPC sucks.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I hadn't even heard about this. I can't wait for it, though. The Anywhere version completely sucks, and I hate PCs. Looking forward to it. Sorry, no info, though...
Old 09-21-2006, 09:50 AM

This was the last we've heard of it...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post7026043