Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 08:16 PM

Default Holy Frejoles I\'m posting an AA hand

I'm new to the table, so not much for reads except it was 4 handed when I joined with apparently 100% to the flop if Stars is to be believed. The hand before I sat down I thought I saw the villain checkraise, uh, something, but I can't remember what.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

River: (9.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Yeah, thanks flop. I had a feeling that if the flush was out there I'd not hear about it until the turn, but I still needed to stick in a raise to be sure. So what the hell is this stop and go?

-------

And here's a bonus hand. Last guy to the turn is a over tight, over aggro TAG, 15/9/6.05 after a good 450 hands. He's prone to slowplaying at least trips on a dangerous board.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Your move.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Holy Frejoles I\'m posting an AA hand

1st hand.
I'm not sure how I feel about the turn. I probably lay it down. Getting over 5-1 is good, but we're likely behind. If he has the flush you're drawing dead. If he has two pair you have maybe 4-5 clean outs at best. I don't see SB betting into this pot without at least 2pair.

You have to fold the river. You're not good here.

2nd Hand.

I bet/fold the turn and check/fold the river. Is that weak?
Old 01-26-2006, 08:50 PM

i make the call on the first hand. he could just as easily have AJ or QJ.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1st hand.
I'm not sure how I feel about the turn. I probably lay it down. Getting over 5-1 is good, but we're likely behind. If he has the flush you're drawing dead. If he has two pair you have maybe 4-5 clean outs at best. I don't see SB betting into this pot without at least 2pair.

You have to fold the river. You're not good here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm. This is horrible advice.

Raise the turn, and see what happens, if you are re-raised, play cautiously, and call down if no flush card.

If you are not re-raised, keep the agression going on the river if there's no scare card.

I can't belive you think folding the turn is correct. Possibly the worst advice I have ever heard. Sorry.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:27 PM

AA hand: I don't like the turn raise, but i hate all the other options. I play it the same, and i don't really see what else we can do.

AQ hand: easy bet/fold.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AA hand: I don't like the turn raise, but i hate all the other options.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I was intending to fold if he had 3-bet, anyone disagree?
Old 01-27-2006, 12:34 AM

yeah i disagree. if he treys i call thinking i have hidden outs.

river seems the most interesting. im tempted to think he has nothing more than QJ/KJ/AJ here, that 2 didnt help him. whatever he has he has played it really weirdly tho, as it wouldnt seem as if that 6 could have helped him either. i think we are ahead but i dont wanna get treyed so i just call on the river
Old 01-27-2006, 12:51 AM

Hand 1 is weird. Seems like a slowplayed flush at first but why not 3 bet the turn? And then why donk the river? Seems like a J w/ a good kicker is more likely here and that he was scared of the flush draw but now is confident with his hand on the river. I'd raise the river and call a 3 bet.

I'm not sure about hand two. I have trouble with these situations. If he is on a flush draw he is obviously not folding but if he had a K he would have RR the flop. He obviously doesn't have a 2 given his numbers. The pot is decent and he has shown no aggression. You know if you check he'll bet so you mind as well bet and hope he folds. Fold to a RR. I am never comfortable here.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:04 AM

I love the turn raise in hand 1. Villain's donk tends to make me think he has top pair and was waiting for a safe turn to bet, but wants to make sure you don't check behind a AcKd or something.

If you get check raised on the turn then it is time to worry.

That river stop and go is really disheartening, but obviously you did the right thing in calling. I call and get shown a straight, two pair or TP/55.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i disagree. if he treys i call thinking i have hidden outs.

river seems the most interesting. im tempted to think he has nothing more than QJ/KJ/AJ here, that 2 didnt help him. whatever he has he has played it really weirdly tho, as it wouldnt seem as if that 6 could have helped him either. i think we are ahead but i dont wanna get treyed so i just call on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

For hand 1 I absolutely agree with the above. I would definitely 3-bet this turn with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and any T-K or 8 as my second card and I also 3-bet with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and any T, J, or 8 as my other card--there are a range of turn 3-bet holdings that you are ahead of here. I think you played this hand well. I have to point one more thing out, you should not even be considering folding AA at .5/1 unless it is two or more bb's back to you on a very highly coordinated board (which you have no draws against) in a multiway pot against tightish players. I have yet to correctly fold aces enough to make up the money I lost for the ONE time I incorrectly folded aces. I think folding aces at any .5/1 game is a huge mistake.

Hand 2) I b/f the turn. If I don't improve on the river, I c/f--the only exception would be if a complete blank fell (non-club, non-diamond mid-card) and I new he was capable of a bluff (especially against me), I might c/c.