Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 07:59 PM

Default Flops Monster, Awful play.

Ok, after realizing I screwed up because for some stupid reason I decided to slowplay. If I could do this hand over, I would bet out the flop, and Raise every street.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 19.75 BB
Old 01-26-2006, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Flops Monster, Awful play.

this pisses me off

you're not getting many bets here slowplaying that's for sure. you're not getting many bets here in general unless someone has an ace (someone could very well have one).

you may as well wake their asses up as quickly as possible so you can get some bets into the pot. it's cool when you slowplay and someone with trip aces slowplays too. then the flop and turn check through and you both go nuts on the river like huge fish.

i don't even know why i responded [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2006, 08:47 PM

i don't see an awful play here. you're only getting a raise in once at most tables. i definitely wait until at least the turn to raise. and you got 2 people to call a 3-bet on the river. A9 would have capped. I'm guessing you won this hand.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't see an awful play here. you're only getting a raise in once at most tables. i definitely wait until at least the turn to raise. and you got 2 people to call a 3-bet on the river. A9 would have capped. I'm guessing you won this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
incredible
Old 01-26-2006, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw the user names and thought this was the same guy that made the OP. Then I read a few sentences and I still thought that.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
HORRIBLE

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-26-2006, 09:15 PM

At least the Op realized his play was bad and is looking for advice to fix it.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:17 PM

I don't mind the slowplay but not that slow. Start getting some bets in on the turn. Make an A pay you off. I'd like a donk bet on the turn just to confuse them.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:17 PM

OK genius. What do you do differently? How many bets do you really think you are getting out of this? You get 1 checkraise per hand 90 percent of the time. Once you've raised, people go into check/call mode. So if you raise that flop, you are costing yourself EXTRA bets because you only have SBs going in.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK genius. What do you do differently? How many bets do you really think you are getting out of this? You get 1 checkraise per hand 90 percent of the time. Once you've raised, people go into check/call mode. So if you raise that flop, you are costing yourself EXTRA bets because you only have SBs going in.

[/ QUOTE ]
People immediately go into check/call mode? What if they have an A? They're gonna instantly credit you with AK? You didn't raise preflop. Also, who checkraises an A on this flop? Obviously not you or your buddies, so there's some extra deception for your hand. Waiting until the river, where of all places most bad players usually slowdown is awful. He's lucky it wasn't checked through on the river with all his suspicious call call call on a dry AAx flop. Start fastplaying your hands and come back to this thread in a month and thank me for helping you earn bets.

Also, I wouldn't check the turn.