Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 06:25 PM

Default AKo OOP nut flush draw

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $7.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP folds, Button calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font> Hero ?

MP unknown Button is a thinking Lag 60+ VPVIP variety

Is this a bet?
What if that 7 was a spade instead would it be c/f?
Having lost 400BB this month at 5/10 I am dropping the microscope.

Thanks Karl
Old 09-18-2006, 06:36 PM

Default Re: AKo OOP nut flush draw

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously where do you find these players??? I understand that you could see one ultra high VPIP guy that you find is a thinking player every great once in awhile but this was at least the 2nd one today. If they "thought" they wouldn't be playing this many hands. I think you standards for what is considered a "thinking" player are low.

I say give her another go. You might fold BB hands such as A8 or A5 and you could very well be betting for value against Button. The chances that you win this pot with the semibluff are slim but you can accomplish a lot of other things with another lead.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:43 PM

i cant see how betting into two people can possibly be correct, check call is my vote.

You can probably fire again if you lost one player on the flop.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously where do you find these players??? I understand that you could see one ultra high VPIP guy that you find is a thinking player every great once in awhile but this was at least the 2nd one today. If they "thought" they wouldn't be playing this many hands. I think you standards for what is considered a "thinking" player are low.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same player. I was at a table for several hours last night and am going over trouble hands. BTW there are many LAGS that are more than just call down monkeys. Many know how to read a board and C/R when you are likely holding overs and they have a low pair daw or nothing. Thses players are tough to play against(for me at least). They bail a flop immediately when they see a king or an ace. So in otherwords they put you on a hand and they play their's accordingly.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:55 PM

Putting in the minimum seems like a good idea to me here. So c/c.