Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 04:58 PM

Default JTs flops a combo draw

CO is one of the worlds greatest ATMs. He bets and raises with almost anything, and I don't think he knows what the fold button is for.

UTG is very loose and very passive. She likes to try to play out her draws until the river but will frequently bow out of highly contested pots. She seems to particularly be avoiding playing in pots that I'm fighting for. If she raises, though, she's always got the goods.

The rest of the table is quite LP also, except for the button who's a complete NIT.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($147.28)
Hero ($129.61)
BB ($276.01)
UTG ($100.30)
MP ($73.50)
CO ($17.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $3, MP calls $3.

Flop: ($17) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO calls $13.50 (All-In), Hero calls $13.50, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $32.5</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $19.

<font color="blue"> CO's bet is pretty meaningless. He could have a small PP, he could have a heart (of any size), he could have a naked A. Of course, he could actually have a hand too. I was pretty certain that UTG is going to play along, so I had the odds to call the original bet.

UTG's raise surprises and scares me. My guess is she's got 2 pair or better. I have the correct odds to call here.</font>

Turn: ($95.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Ugh! Now what??

Feel free to comment on any street. I really hate how I played this hand, but at the same time, I think that at each decission point the choice I made was reasonable. Maybe I just don't want to admit my mistakes?
Old 09-18-2006, 05:03 PM

Default Re: JTs flops a combo draw

I'd bet the ace if this guy is firing on the queen. The pots big enough to bluff at, and you still have a good 13 outs.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Re: JTs flops a combo draw

I like how you played it. Pretty clear check-call now assuming UTG bets small. UTG is passive so likely has a big hand after the flop action, and will check here for you if the ace scares here, or bet small and you can draw.