Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 12:20 PM

Default 77 lets try again

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">UTG raises, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero folds?

Final Pot: 10 BB
Original raiser is 44/20/1.5
SB is a 55/1/1 Thinking LAG

What is your plan?
Specifically if you call this one which turn and river cards do you fold out too?
Old 09-18-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Re: 77 lets try again

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2006, 12:22 PM

oh wait someone raised preflop
Old 09-18-2006, 12:25 PM

There are 15 SB's in the pot on the flop and all you have to call is one more bet. Why fold?
Old 09-18-2006, 12:29 PM

Ok the orginal UTG raisaer 3 bet into a crowd on a board that should not of hit him? Is this not reason enough ?Are you in auto call down mode with a medium pair here? I don't know how to play this - that's why I am asking.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:31 PM

I would call the flop getting 16:1 and fold the turn unless it's a 7. UTG is serious about his hand and he isn't overagressive so he's screaming a higher pocket pair. I'm not sure what SB has but I think he's also cutting your equity. I think the turn and river cards are going to ruin your hand if you aren't already behind. But with 16:1 odds + implied odds and closing the action I think it's a flop call.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok the orginal UTG raisaer 3 bet into a crowd on a board that should not of hit him? Is this not reason enough ?Are you in auto call down mode with a medium pair here? I don't know how to play this - that's why I am asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he probably has a big pair, but other hands like A6s, 55 and big clubs are possible. Frankly I'd probably play any of those hands that way given the action, although I wouldn't necessarily keep the gas on until the river.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:46 PM

So do you calll down regardless of what falls?
Old 09-18-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So do you calll down regardless of what falls?

[/ QUOTE ]

By default, I'd probably give up immediately if an ace or a king fell. I might peel a turn card if club fell, but would fold to a river bet. Beyond that, it depends. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to see a showdown more often than not, provided that you can do so for just one additional bet on each street.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:05 PM

I'm at least peeling the flop. You have ~2.5 outs when behind and are ahead some small % of the time. The turn is a clear fold on a A/K and probably clubs as well. I think an ok line is to call the flop and c/f the turn as big over card clubs will check behind some of the time taking a freecard. Although a 40/20ish guy is less likely to do this so peeling a blank turn and folding the river UIed is also a viable plan (or going to SD UIed sans an A/K depending on history with villain).