Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 01:36 AM

Default looking ahead Week 3 Atlanta vs. NO

thoughts on Atlanta coming into NO? The line tonight is starting at -3 for atlanta at +103. Although they are a road favorite I really like Atlanta in this game. While both teams are 2-0 and I am impressed with drew brees I am not impressed with the defense of NO. Atlanta is running the ball better than anybody and the saints are not playing great defense as of yet. Atlanta's D however has shut down both offenses of it's opponents. The best way to win on the road is with a strong running game, I can't see how New Orleans can match up against the Falcons in week 3. Any thoughts on this matchup appreciated.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:46 AM

Default Re: looking ahead Week 3 Atlanta vs. NO

The only thing I could think of is NO's emotional return to the Superdome and the whole "do this for the people of New Orleans" mentality. However, I still don't think it will be enough for them to beat ATL, but stranger things have happened.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:49 AM

Don't think I like this game. The Saints have been a bad home team for a few years, but I feel like that's going to be the most fired up crowd in franchise history. Questioning the Saints poor competition thus far is fair; but by the same token the Panthers without Smith and the Bucs don't have much firepower.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:00 AM

I definitely think that NO is far from a 2-0 team, and I'll be looking for opportunities to bet against them very soon. That said, I actually don't like Atlanta that much in this game.

I think Atlanta probably comes back down to earth in the near future as well, and I can see NO winning this game outright if they have some success stopping ATL's running game.

If I had to bet this game, I probably would take ATL, but it doesn't really stand out to me as a good choice.

Disclaimer: I lost 5 figures this weekend, so WTF do I know?
Old 09-18-2006, 03:15 AM

ATl pounds two quality teams NO barely beats two teams that wont win 7 games combined............ The crowd may be fired up till Vick picks up one 3rd and long with his legs and break there spitits in half. This line is a joke. Take Atlanta now because it will be -7 by Sunday. Performity correct me if I am very wrong.

p.s. If Reggie Bush thinks NFL players are fast wait until he tries to outrun Abraham{ if he plays} and Deangelo Hall if he lines up as a wideout.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:18 AM

As far as Atl coming down to earth. They are this good, they were this good two years ago and you add John Abraham and D. Hall is in his 3rd year now. You win in the NFL if you can run and stop the run. They are top 5 in the league in both when it's all said and done. There offense looks like West Virginia and that in the NFL is just insane.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:19 AM

this line looks low to me as well. i have not put money on it yet as i saw neither team in action this week. would like to hear from more people first.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:52 AM

I bet big on the first 2 NO games, and look at my mansion account thrilled and amazed that they both cashed.

This one I may sit out. I watched both games as carefully as a semi drunken fan in a trashy bar could, and they just have some holes big enough to make this a tough game.

The offensive line and the cornerbacks have been our week spots...but the defensive line has been solid and the linebackers, surprisingly decent. And Vick isn't going to beat us with his arm anyway.

If the saints can contain Dunn (possible) and keep Vick contained in the pocket (doable) it will be very close. Atlanta proved no more than the Saints did this week, and if the line climbs up to what Morphling thinks it will, I will jump on the Saints big time again.

Either way, the crowd will be absolutely insane, and I can't imagine a better place to be Monday night then at the dome...I think I just convinced myself...Saints on the money line (drunk fan's know best)
Old 09-18-2006, 10:32 AM

Atlanta right now looks like my game of the week for Week 3. But I'm not placing early, yet. But I will be watching carefully.

Per my writeup on my Atlanta pick in my picks thread, I think they're going to be undervalued some this week due to their final score of 14-3. I think the general public is high on the Saints with the firepower they displayed in Green Bay and since they probably didn't get to see the Falcons game, will think that Atlanta struggled on offense only scoring 14. in reality, the Falcons missed four field goals, two blocked and two just flat missed. Their running game was the most dominant I've seen in the NFL in a long time. Vick looked brilliant. This score should have been at least 23-3 which is much more evident of the way the game actually played out and the start to finish dominance of the Falcons. And that's without one of their best defensive players who hopefully will be back next week.

I think Atlanta is significantly undervalued here, but I think based on the early movement we may be able to contine to wait and get an even better price. There's a lot of publicity and attention around NO with Bush, the Bush drama on the wires, and of course the emotional return of the Saints to NO this week. i'm going to watch this carefully but I can almost guarantee this will be a play in my system - only question is how strong the play will end up.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:22 AM

I don't see how it gets better. I have it at -3 +106 which I got on Pinnacle very early this morning. I'd be shocked if it ever returns to that price.