Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2006, 09:47 PM

Default LOSER BOWL WEEK 3

I made it through Saturday, with Oakland getting stomped.

For week three, Tennesee vs. Miami has the biggest line at 10.5. This week looks a little tougher, based strictly on the lines.

Anyone have any reason to take a different team?

WEEK 3
Sunday, Sep. 24
GAME TIME SIRIUS Radio
AWAY HOME
Carolina at Tampa Bay 1:00 p.m. 152 144
Chicago at Minnesota 1:00 p.m. 181 130
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh 1:00 p.m. 122 146
Green Bay at Detroit 1:00 p.m. 119 107
Jacksonville at Indianapolis 1:00 p.m. 125 123
N.Y. Jets at Buffalo 1:00 p.m. 155 153
Tennessee at Miami 1:00 p.m. 147
Washington at Houston 1:00 p.m. 110 143
Baltimore at Cleveland 4:05 p.m. 181 130
N.Y. Giants at Seattle 4:15 p.m. 143 123
Philadelphia at San Francisco 4:15 p.m. 119 117
St. Louis at Arizona 4:15 p.m. 107 125
Denver at New England 8:15 p.m. 125 130
Monday, Sep. 25
GAME TIME SIRIUS Radio
AWAY HOME
Atlanta at New Orleans 8:30 p.m. 125 123
Old 09-17-2006, 11:15 PM

Default Re: LOSER BOWL WEEK 3

hard to trust an 0-2 team that just lost as a touchdown favorite at home.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:24 PM

Could be a tough week. I'd wait a couple days and take a look at injury reports, wrapups from the late games, etc. Unless you've got specific need to submit your pick extra-early this week...
Old 09-18-2006, 09:07 AM

I'm hoping Jacksonville gets stomped tonight so I can feel more comfortable about picking Indy at home next week in my survivor league (opposite of this).
Old 09-19-2006, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could be a tough week. I'd wait a couple days and take a look at injury reports, wrapups from the late games, etc. Unless you've got specific need to submit your pick extra-early this week...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have to submit until Friday afternoon, but I'd like to get my pick decided by Thursday night.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm hoping Jacksonville gets stomped tonight so I can feel more comfortable about picking Indy at home next week in my survivor league (opposite of this).

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you said this before the MNF game, but even then I would have said I think this is a bad bet. Jacksonville is incredibly underrated. I can't believe they're 7 point dogs to Indy, even after the MNF game. I'd rather take the Pats than Indy (assuming I wasn't taking Miami for some reason).
Old 09-19-2006, 09:55 PM

This is a tough week to pick. It is filled with bad teams playing bad teams and good teams playing good teams.

Two things first.

One: Do not pick jacksonville to lose in indy. I am not saying that jacksonville will for sure win, but the way that defense played on monday night and the way the offense moved the ball through the air against a very good pittsburgh D, means they could be very tough for indy. This was an indy defense that allowed David Carr last weekend to actually look like a respectable NFL quarterback. I think indy being a 9.5 point favorite is really deceptive. If the jags can find a way to get into the end zone, that might be a very very close game.

Two: Tennessee should probably lose to Miami. The problem with this game is that the dolphins have done nothing on either side of the ball. This one will come down to which bad qb plays better (cpepper vs kerry collins/vince young) and although an 11.5 point favorite seems like it should be a lock, I would steer clear from 0-2 vs 0-2. Both teams had to play bad to get to that mark.

So my pick....the cleveland browns losing to the ravens. The browns lose another player this week to a season ending injury, cb mccutcheon. That injury aids an offense that is playing better with steve mcnair at qb and they have a defense that will take advantage of a team with really maybe one weapon on offense and a porous o-line. Ravens should dominate.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:55 PM

Agreed, Browns suck!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a tough week to pick. It is filled with bad teams playing bad teams and good teams playing good teams.

Two things first.

One: Do not pick jacksonville to lose in indy. I am not saying that jacksonville will for sure win, but the way that defense played on monday night and the way the offense moved the ball through the air against a very good pittsburgh D, means they could be very tough for indy. This was an indy defense that allowed David Carr last weekend to actually look like a respectable NFL quarterback. I think indy being a 9.5 point favorite is really deceptive. If the jags can find a way to get into the end zone, that might be a very very close game.

Two: Tennessee should probably lose to Miami. The problem with this game is that the dolphins have done nothing on either side of the ball. This one will come down to which bad qb plays better (cpepper vs kerry collins/vince young) and although an 11.5 point favorite seems like it should be a lock, I would steer clear from 0-2 vs 0-2. Both teams had to play bad to get to that mark.

So my pick....the cleveland browns losing to the ravens. The browns lose another player this week to a season ending injury, cb mccutcheon. That injury aids an offense that is playing better with steve mcnair at qb and they have a defense that will take advantage of a team with really maybe one weapon on offense and a porous o-line. Ravens should dominate

[/ QUOTE ]

first rule of survivor leagues is dont pick a road team, that makes the first rule of loser bowls to not pick a home team
Old 09-20-2006, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you said this before the MNF game, but even then I would have said I think this is a bad bet. Jacksonville is incredibly underrated. I can't believe they're 7 point dogs to Indy, even after the MNF game. I'd rather take the Pats than Indy (assuming I wasn't taking Miami for some reason).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I know my comment looks foolish now. That was the first Jags game I've watched in a long time so I didn't really know much about them. I agree, they look great. I'll probably just cave and take Miami.