Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2006, 03:16 AM

Default Why games will always be good

Limit game. Pot is about 10 BBs. Turn action goes check, bet, and tilty-table-coach tanks, tanks, thinks, thinks, and mucks with two players behind her. Board is T93Q two flushdraws. Her cards hit the dealer's hand and flip up, revealing QJ. River is an 8 and J9 scoops. She goes apoplectic.

A couple hands later she raises UTG, gets coldcalled, HU. Flop is all clubs Q high. She bets, get raised, says, "Lemme see if I have the ace of clubs," checks her cards, calls. Turn is a club, check/check. River blanks, check/check. She opens red 33 unimproved and loses.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Why games will always be good

[ QUOTE ]
Limit game. Pot is about 10 BBs. Turn action goes check, bet, and tilty-table-coach tanks, tanks, thinks, thinks, and mucks with two players behind her. Board is T93Q two flushdraws. Her cards hit the dealer's hand and flip up, revealing QJ. River is an 8 and J9 scoops. She goes apoplectic.

A couple hands later she raises UTG, gets coldcalled, HU. Flop is all clubs Q high. She bets, get raised, says, "Lemme see if I have the ace of clubs," checks her cards, calls. Turn is a club, check/check. River blanks, check/check. She opens red 33 unimproved and loses.

[/ QUOTE ]

But not all of us are within any reasonable distance of a cardroom.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She opens red 33 unimproved and loses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Live games are full of amateurs
Old 09-17-2006, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She opens red 33 unimproved and loses.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is amazing.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But not all of us are within any reasonable distance of a cardroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

neither is Daver.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:56 PM

Another quick story as to why games will always be good.

Played a tournament the other day. First rounds blinds are 25/50. 5 players limp and the flop is K 9 2 (rainbow), SB bets 50 and everyone calls. Turn 8, sb bets 50, everyone calls. River 10. (rainbow board) SB bets 50, bb calls 50, everyone folds. SB turns up K3off, BB turns up the stone cold nuts QJ (K high straight). No raise, just a smooth call of 50!!! ROFLMAO is all that came to mind, of course I didn't say anything to anyone. For the next hour, everyone kept trying to bluff this calling station with bottom pair, no pair, J high, you name it. LOL @ B&M players. Another reason why live player is vastly superior to the internet.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:03 PM

$1-3 Stud yesterday at Foxwoods. Older guy (70s, just above average small-stakes stud age) to my left, and guy a few seats to my right with three to a flush who had bet 6th and I think 5th are heads-up on the river. The guy three flush has the high board, so he bets 7th in the dark, gets his last hole card, picks them up and shows to the guy to my left that he has an AQ-high flush, and says, "You really don't want to call do you?"

I guess the older guy must not have seen what happened, because he says, "Well, I guess I've gotta call you down," and calls to see if his two pair are good.

Getting your glasses prescription updated can be very +EV.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:29 PM

On two different occasions, I've had people sit at my table and not look at their cards at any point in time until the river.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On two different occasions, I've had people sit at my table and not look at their cards at any point in time until the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha, I've done this occassionally (like 4-5 times in my life) when I'm UTG. I'll raise blind (ie. put the raise out before the cards are even dealt). and see if I can play it without looking. My general rule is that if anybody plays back at me I look, if I'm just called I keep the lead and bet the next round. Definitely -EV but there's nothing better than winning a hand you've played without looking. It totally messes up most 3/6 players. I think there are some people that fold just because they don't want to deal with the fact that they might have to call to the river with K/A high.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So, how is Sherri these days?