Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 03:03 PM

Default Raise river donk?

So, this hand comes along. Anything wrong with PF, flop plays?

The turn call and the river donk had me confused. I had seen Villian raise PF will now only with High-PPs, and passive Postflop (0.8).

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero...?
Old 09-16-2006, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Raise river donk?

I'd guess he has a Q and was trying to c/r the flop. He called the turn figuring you hit a T and wanting you to call the river. I think that despite the river donk we're ahead most of the time and raise it up.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:38 PM

I raise the river. He holds QJ.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:08 PM

You're only behind AJ and a boat here. Villain could hold AJ, since you said he wouldn't raise that PF. A boat with KK and TT is probably out of the question because he open-limped PF, as is a boat with 22, which leaves us with KQ or QT. If villain had either of those hands, I think he'd 3-bet the turn. It looks to me like this is a lone queen which slowplayed the flop and got burned. I'd raise this up and expect to have the best hand most of the time.