Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Party Monster question.

After the introduction of the monster JP games, I have switched to different limits to avoid the additional rake. My question is I actually have no idea how to calculate how much the rake will effect my WR. Can anyone give me hints are to how to calculate how much the JP rake costs in BB/100.

I'm not really concerned with the +EV of actually hitting that jackpot due to the fact it is such a longshot. I just have a feeling the JP rake might be brtually prohibitive at 2/4 6max, would love to be able to prove my thinking wrong.

Although there also seems to be about half JP/ Half regular tables now, so maybe playing non monster tables is now an option.

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Party Monster question.

At 2/4 full I have the monster drop at a 23% increase in total rake that I contribute.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:41 PM

My quick way of figuring it is this: I win ~14-15% of all pots. A little under half the pots are raked at 2/4 (maybe 40%? - don't remember), so I have around 6-7 raked hands / 100. Jackpot drop is $.50 / raked hand = $3.00+ / 100 hands = .75bb+ /100 at 2/4.

Fortunately, a lot of my buddies are avoiding the jackpot tables too (at least the ones who haven't defected to NL...).
Old 09-16-2006, 02:22 PM

Yeah NL is an option
Old 09-16-2006, 02:41 PM

Yeah I went on the biggest down streak of my career after the beginning of the Monster promotion. Couldn't figure out why... lol
Old 09-16-2006, 03:24 PM

There is no reason to play monster tables below 5/10 the extra rake makes the game nearly unbeatable. For instance I had a few hour session the other day in which I finished down 50 dollars but had pair 75 dollars in the bad beat jackpot drop, so if it weren't for retarded monster I would've made money instead of losing 12 BB's. So if you're not playing 5/10 or above do not player monster tables (which sucks because there are a lot of fish playing monster tables, you can still find good 2/4 short tables at party though if you table select well and utilize your buddy list or 6th sense).