Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 12:38 PM

Default Hollywood Poker?

To those of you that have used hollywood poker. What do you think of the site? How do you compare it to other sites? Was it mostly tag, lag or other players? Was it tough to win? I just signed up with them 2 days ago for the huge bonus and have had such a bad run. I am sure it is variance but something just doesn't seem right about the variance. I have had multiple all ins (large stacks) called by gutshots which have hit everytime. It is like they know what cards are coming. Is it possible some sort of bots? I think I am being paranoid but I am down 9 buyins after 6000 hands. Even with bad beats I should still be up. Anyone with experience on the players there??
Old 09-16-2006, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Hollywood Poker?

[ QUOTE ]
variance

[/ QUOTE ]

They're part of the OnGame network (PokerRoom, Eurobet, and others) so they're on the up and up. I don't play NL, but the limit games (2/4-5/10) are TAGish, though the postflop play is truly horrific despite being aggresive, with the occasional LAGtard thrown in the mix. It's not the fishiest of networks, but the games are beatable.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To those of you that have used hollywood poker. What do you think of the site? How do you compare it to other sites? Was it mostly tag, lag or other players? Was it tough to win? I just signed up with them 2 days ago for the huge bonus and have had such a bad run. I am sure it is variance but something just doesn't seem right about the variance. I have had multiple all ins (large stacks) called by gutshots which have hit everytime. It is like they know what cards are coming. Is it possible some sort of bots? I think I am being paranoid but I am down 9 buyins after 6000 hands. Even with bad beats I should still be up. Anyone with experience on the players there??

[/ QUOTE ]

I cleared the bonus via 22 STT's. Including bonus I made about 1K there.

It was ok with me.

Ken
Old 09-16-2006, 02:03 PM

The no limit games are weak tight.

I prefer the other OnGame skins to HWP, I guess I just run bad there.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:46 PM

"They're part of the OnGame network (PokerRoom, Eurobet, and others) so they're on the up and up"

I certainly am not saying Hollywood is other than "on the up and up", but clearly, being part of the Ongame Network is NOT conclusive, according to other posted problems with Ongame skins.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"They're part of the OnGame network (PokerRoom, Eurobet, and others) so they're on the up and up"

I certainly am not saying Hollywood is other than "on the up and up", but clearly, being part of the Ongame Network is NOT conclusive, according to other posted problems with Ongame skins.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. The front-end of Hollywood (cashier functions, bonuses, support, etc.) or any other OnGame skin is up to the individual room and of course that can be less than scrupulous. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. The gameplay, however, is all handled by the OnGame network, which is owned by a publicly traded company. And at that point, you reach the "why would they run unfair games?" conclusion.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:20 PM

I'm going to give a mixed review. While the games are 'fishy' enough, I am not thrilled with the Ongame software for multitabling (or surfing while playing). Also, I used to laugh when people complained about the graphics at one site or another. Well, HP hurts my eyes. Support seems to be quite good, yet I'm still waiting for the last portion of my RAF bonus to be added by hand (will probably be resolved monday, it's likely a 'weekend' issue.)

I played very little HE. NLHE seemed tightish to me. O/8 and Stud have some good games and some bad games. Do your homework.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:25 PM

Yeah I am sure it is just variance. I need to adapt to different sites play. I will try another session tonight and see how it goes. If you don't see me posting again know that it is because I ran into another streak of bad beats and that I lit my computer on fire.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:22 PM

Seems like everytime I play on there, the tables mysteriously disappear and take me off the table. Really annoying and the software I don't like at all. Much fishier sites around I think.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Props to Hollywood; by far, they seem like the most customer-service oriented Ongame skin - my cashouts are done in hours, bonus prizes (Ipod, etc...) were received a week after ordering, and competent help is always available.

Whether you like the volume/quality of play on Ongame is a different story.