Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 10:54 AM

Default Once a jerk, always a jerk

It was the end of the last day of my most recent Vegas trip, one that won't be high on my list of fun trips.

For background a few days ago, I limped on the button behind most of the table w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I flop a flush and raise the turn vs. kind of bad, semiregular, grumpy, older, very stocky, glasses wearing guy. He calls my river bet. I table my hand and then he flings his cards across the table (J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]), then picks up his calling chips and flings them across the table as well so they are well scattered among the pot and a few other players stacks. The others at the table pick up his cards and his chips, hand the cards to the dealer and get the chips back into the pot.

So today, in a 3 way pot he limps from MP (he's in seat 5 and I'm in the 1 seat, so he is directly across from me. SB who plays every hand and calls with just about anything completes. (He had called a raise from the same guy earlier w/ 63o, I 3-bet from the SB w/ QQ. Of course, he flopped 2 pair and rivered a 3 for a boat. He also has a habit of calling out his hand and a card that he needs), I knuckle 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.

Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check, bet, call, call.

Turn is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the action is the same. SB now says "Give me a 9 for and inside straight" When he says that, he may want a 9, but he may not have a T, either.

River is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and he leads, I choke a bit and call, now MP calls too?? Anyway, they both table ATo and chop the pot.

In the 2 seat is Ray, the former Chicago cop, with the bad knee. Now I know that he's not considered a real nice guy, but he and I get along just fine. I look at my hand and drop it into the muck. Ray sees it and says "They had 3 outs", I nod and then he asks me, if I bet the turn. I say "Of course I did." Now the jerk says in a very nasty tone of voice. "Keep your comments to yourself." I was stunned, by this card flinging guy. He acted just like I looked at him and said "Nice suckout fish."

So all of you do me a favor and lay a few bad beats on this guy for me.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Once a jerk, always a jerk

Barry, one of these times you're in Vegas I'll be there too, and I'll have a good time getting drunk and bunching his panties, just for you.

Also, hand 1, raise preflop.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So all of you do me a favor and lay a few bad beats on this guy for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with him in my last trip at the Wynn, I made him steam so much over a series of hands where I was running over the table that he picked up his chips and left the game. I think thats kinda standard for him, when he left a few of the locals chuckled at his behavior.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2006, 02:19 PM

Cliff Notes: a mean man said five words to me, and hurt my feelings.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understand. Barry is an East Coaster, we don't have local nits who are as nasty as they are in Vegas. Its a cultural shock.

Old 09-16-2006, 03:23 PM

I'm more interested in why you didn't CR that flop.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understand. Barry is an East Coaster, we don't have local nits who are as nasty as they are in Vegas. Its a cultural shock.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Some of the FW's nits come close and the Borgata nits can be worse.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:46 PM

If you're talking about the 76 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hand, we were 3 handed and both of my opponents were pretty losse passive, so why the heck would I want that flop checked around.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes a lot more than that to hurt my feelings. It's just a good example of an angry man that not only got mad when I beat him in a hand, he also gets mad when he bad beats me.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:57 PM

Don't take it personally.